Buyer Beware

This is a discussion on Buyer Beware within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Ebay seller Lightningcases is worthless. (yes im mad as hell!) i bought a couple cheap cases from them and one was correct, and about the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buyer Beware

X Operative
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Buyer Beware

Ebay seller Lightningcases is worthless.

(yes im mad as hell!)

i bought a couple cheap cases from them and one was correct, and about the quality i expected for a 2 dollar case. the other which was supposed to be neon green

For Motorola Droid X MB810 Green Rubberized Hard Case - eBay (item 160469849280 end time Sep-16-10 12:13:15 PDT)

it came in dark metallic green....

so i e mailed the seller. they requested a picture, i sent them 2 e mails a text message and a photo bucket link over the next 24 hours. All because they claim to not have gotten my e mails with the pics. Their "engrish" is horrible and i about needed two translators and a supercomputer to translate their e mails. then the last straw...yester day they offered me 50% refund and now today they offer 25% refund with the excuse "sometimes photo different with the actual cases. The keep change the design."

so i opened a ebay protection case, man this is too much aggravation for 5 bucks...
    someone does not like my signatures, though Benin and satirical, so i just dont have one...
    Praise "Bob"

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Yikes that blows but thanks for the heads up. Hope you get it resolved quickly

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    332 times
    "Get what you Pay for" - as my Mom always said

X Operative Achievements:
    Created Album pictures250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    It kinda looks cool in a way but definitely not what you ordered so I'd be ticked off too. I got a light neon green one at a local cell phone store for $10. I buy cheap when I can.

Agent X
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 142
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesThree Friends100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I don't think I would have bothered unless there was a defect. Sorry you got the wrong color though! I bout a case from China but I got the right case and it cost only 2 bucks also!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Droid Does!!!
    Droid X-Blackberry Curve- EnV2- Razr- some other random phones I cannot remember!

X Operative
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    at this point its more the lack of customer service than anything. these cases must cost them like 10 cents a piece...im sure they could have sent the right one and not missed it.
    someone does not like my signatures, though Benin and satirical, so i just dont have one...
    Praise "Bob"

X Operative
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    When I got my case on ebay, I saw the same case from two sellers. One was $7.99 with free shipping and came from California. The other was like $4.99 after shipping and came from Hong Kong. I'm all for saving a few bucks but the difference in shipping time and the fact that the seller should speak the same language as me is a big plus.

As a matter of fact, the case I received was SLIGHTLY different from the one pictured. It was the right color, design, and material, but the speaker cut out was SLIGHTLY different. So I emailed them and they sent me another case FOR FREE. I didn't need to return the first one, I didn't need to get a refund and reorder, nothing. I emailed him and said "hey the case I got is a little different, can I get the one pictured? If not, I understand, because this case is close enough." and he replied with a tracking number for my second case!

pawavenue <--- HIGHLY recommended case seller on eBay

Wow, I rambled on a bit. I hope you get your money back or at least the correct case that you ordered.
    Droid X - Eris - Droid - Storm1 - Curve 8330 - Lots of LG Dumbphones

X Conveyor Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by merovingian View Post
    Ebay seller Lightningcases is worthless.

(yes im mad as hell!)

i bought a couple cheap cases from them and one was correct, and about the quality i expected for a 2 dollar case. the other which was supposed to be neon green

For Motorola Droid X MB810 Green Rubberized Hard Case - eBay (item 160469849280 end time Sep-16-10 12:13:15 PDT)

it came in dark metallic green....

so i e mailed the seller. they requested a picture, i sent them 2 e mails a text message and a photo bucket link over the next 24 hours. All because they claim to not have gotten my e mails with the pics. Their "engrish" is horrible and i about needed two translators and a supercomputer to translate their e mails. then the last straw...yester day they offered me 50% refund and now today they offer 25% refund with the excuse "sometimes photo different with the actual cases. The keep change the design."

so i opened a ebay protection case, man this is too much aggravation for 5 bucks...

Let me get this straight. You bought $2 cases for a $600 dollar phone, and you are upset because the cases are cheap? The irony here is deafening. I would be more mad at myself than the ebay seller. You ripped yourself off when you think about it

Those cases are probably tainted with lead and who knows whatever else toxic chemicals... That's some food for thought. Don't buy cheap, underpriced products from China.
    -- Rooted Droid X --

- Core i7 920 @ 4.1Ghz
    - EVGA Classified 760
    - 2 x EVGA GTX 480s in SLI
    - 6GB G.Skill 2GHz CAS 8 RAM
    - Thermaltake 1200W PSU
    - BD-RW Drive

X Operative
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    He never complained that the cases were cheap, he is upset because he didn't get what he ordered and the seller is giving him the runaround instead of just sending him the correct product...
    Droid X - Eris - Droid - Storm1 - Curve 8330 - Lots of LG Dumbphones

X Operative
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by luv2increase View Post
    Let me get this straight. You bought $2 cases for a $600 dollar phone, and you are upset because the cases are cheap? The irony here is deafening. I would be more mad at myself than the ebay seller. You ripped yourself off when you think about it

Those cases are probably tainted with lead and who knows whatever else toxic chemicals... That's some food for thought. Don't buy cheap, underpriced products from China.

i bought them from a seller located in the US walnut, Ca to be exact. and no im not complaining about them being cheap...i am griping about them because they sent me the wrong color and then gave me a huge hassle about exchanging it.

had you actually read my post...

as for toxic chemicals from china...lol find me ten products in your home NOT made in japan or china. your holding one in your hand every time you make a call.
    Praise "Bob"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads