Regular battery stats, how does yours stack up?

This is a discussion on Regular battery stats, how does yours stack up? within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I'm hoping we can get a constructive thread here about what you are runing, and not running over say a 24 hour period with how ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regular battery stats, how does yours stack up?

X Operative
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Regular battery stats, how does yours stack up?

I'm hoping we can get a constructive thread here about what you are runing, and not running over say a 24 hour period with how much battery you have left at time of post and if you have an extended battery or not. the idea here is to create a reference point for everyone work out their battery problems.

heres mine to get things started.

I have only had my DX 4 days now but just leaving it locked at night uses about 10%(as we all know the gauge shows 10% when in actuality it could only have been 1%) I use the battery life widget.

my battery use (settings , battery use-- no app needed) tells me that in the last 21h 39m 58s since last unplugged the display was 40% of my usage, cell standby was 29% voice calls were 28% and phone idle was 5%. and i am at 30% battery left. But I have NOT used wifi, gps or bluetooth at all in that time. I have the on/ off buttons for those on my home screen thanks to beautiful widgets. I AM however using a live wallpaper, nexus revamped(im sure i could save alot of battery by ditching this, but if you dont have fun with a phone like this you may as well have gotten a flip phone). I only have the battery life widget, beautiful widgets(clock, weather and the 4 on/ off buttons) and the messaging widget(droid stock one) on my screens. I am using all 7 screens and they are all application shortcuts besides the widgets i mentioned. I should also add that when i got home from work last night i was using it pretty heavily sending picture messages, browsing the market and talking to my wife. (in total about 2 or 3 hours.) I also have Lookout running(antivirus)
    Last edited by merovingian; 08-29-2010 at 09:02 AM.
    someone does not like my signatures, though Benin and satirical, so i just dont have one...
    Praise "Bob"

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Conveyor Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    well since I just charged mine last night I'll give you my stats based on my last charge.
    43 hours of use after a period of moderate usage, and a period of real light usage due to being very busy. I'm on par for a similar amount of hours out of my current charge.. showing Display using 61%, Cell Standby 31%, Phone Idle 10% right now

Here is what I am running and their settings.

Extended Battery - Using Battery Saver Profile, and screen brightness at 3%

Juice Defender paid ver with the following settings:
    Data : prefer wifi on
    Wifi : enable on schedule / screen on
    Schedule : 2 minutes On for every 30 minutes
    Night : data off 2am till 9 am
    Battery : data off at 15% or less battery remaining
    Traffic : data enabled >50k / 15 seconds
    Screen : enable data when unlocked

Also running Launcher Pro, Beautiful Widgets Home (weather set only to manual update), Battery left (but this widget is way way way off), ChompSMS widget, Multicon widget.
    GPS, WIFI, Bluetooth etc stay DISABLED (have toggle widgets on screen) unless I need them.
    I'm not angry, I'm from Philly

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    Quote Originally Posted by shinjaejun View Post
    I'll give you my stats based on my last charge.
    43 hours of use
    Have a screen shot showing 43hrs since unplugged?
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

X Operative
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I tried battery left , i dropped it for battery life. it shows temp mV and batty type as well as percentage, status and has a small home screen widget. and its dead on with what the phone shows. it only does 10% increments as far as i can tell.
    someone does not like my signatures, though Benin and satirical, so i just dont have one...
    Praise "Bob"

X Conveyor Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    Have a screen shot showing 43hrs since unplugged?
    battery.jpg
    Theres one from 42 and change that I took yeterday.

I forgot that plugging it into the computer reset the timer. I plugged it into the pc just to take the screen shot then unplugged it from the PC after this screenshot and it was another hour before i plugged it into the wall.
    I'm not angry, I'm from Philly

X Operative
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    hmm that makes me want to get the extended batty.
    Praise "Bob"

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I've had my DX for about 2 weeks now and have charged and drained the battery several times. My one complaint with the phone so far has been battery life. I run 2.1 unrooted. I read somewhere that it's not good to charge the phone overnight so I've been leaving it off the charger while I sleep. Several times I've set it on my nightstand at night at 100% and woken up 6-7 hours later to find it at 50-60%. No wi-fi, BT, or GPS on. I always have screen brightness set to the lowest setting possible (3%) and run on Battery Saver Mode. I don't have background data on either. This hasn't happened in about a week so hopefully it was something that worked itself out after going through a few charging cycles.

Yesterday I was going down to the city for the day so I charged my phone to 100% before leaving the house at 1 pm. Same settings as before:

Running LauncherPro
    Wi-Fi, BT, and GPS disabled
    Screen brightness lowest setting possible
    Background data disabled
    No live wallpaper
    No task killers installed

I used the phone moderately yesterday:

3-4 phone calls (total of about 35-40 minutes talk time)
    Google maps (used three times for a total of probably 30 minutes)
    Sent and received about 15 texts
    Browsed the internet (total of about 45 minutes)

When I got home last night (around 10 pm), the battery was down to 20%. Does that seem on par for everyone else for about 8-9 hours of moderate use? I feel like yesterday was a good day as far as battery life goes for me. Quite often during the week when I'm at work I will use the phone less and only get 5-6 hours of battery life. I'm thinking this might be because my office gets poor reception and frequently I'll look and the phone will be using 1G. Does this accelerate battery drain? Also, I have a feeling that the stock social networking app might be hogging up some battery life but don't know how to set it so it only synchs once every 4-5 hours. Actually, I can't seem to figure out how to set synch settings for anything (Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Stock calendar app, or social networking).

Anyone have any advice/suggestions? I plan on rooting my phone once I get 2.2 and I also plan on buying an extended battery ... but I'd first like to learn how to run this thing efficiently. As it is right now, I'm hesitant to download/use apps because I feel like I'll get even worse battery life.
    Last edited by manch vegas dx; 08-29-2010 at 12:52 PM.

X Informant Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by merovingian View Post
    hmm that makes me want to get the extended batty.
    I'm not so sure that the extended batt is the solution, all though it will obviously help. Im starting to think that this is a hardware or software issue with some phones, one of which I have. My last phone was a bb 9700 with tmo and there were alot of people complaining about the same thing including me. I sent the phone back for a new one and the replacement didn't have batt life issues. My point is maybe its not just personal settings.

X Operative
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    well as far as battery life goes DX is on top of all smartphones. Especially having the big screen we do. (check the sites homepage i saw a thing about a side by side compare) Im really not un happy with my battery life at all, my expectations are realistic i think. Its a huge phone and i like live wall papers so if i get 5-8 hours of moderate use im fine. I created this thread so people can post like i did(thanks to those that have!) and others can read it and make their own assessments about their own battery usage and perhaps even solve a drainage issue in the process.
    Praise "Bob"

X Operative Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Standard battery. I run Launcher Pro, Beautiful widgets, Pure calendar and Pure Grid widgets. I keep wifi ON, bluetooth and gps off (unless I'm using them of course). My average day is ~30 minutes on the phone, 30+ texts, lots of tinkering (games, videos, web browsing). I'd call it moderate to heavy usage.

As long as I am in a good signal area (my home and work both are), I average a full 15.5 hour day off the charger usually ending at 20%. I put it on to charge overnight and start over again in the morning at 100%. I don't have a snapshot of usage but it's usually 70% display, 15% standby , and some small percentages for phone idle, maps, and wifi (wifi is almost always under 3%).

In a poor signal area I'd shorten that to ~10 hours.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads