Loyalty: to the DX or to Verizon?

This is a discussion on Loyalty: to the DX or to Verizon? within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Which is more important to you?, Verizon's service and coverage, or the DX's hardware and Android OS? Would you have bought the DX if it ...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Loyalty: to the DX or to Verizon?

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 141
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times

Loyalty: to the DX or to Verizon?

Which is more important to you?, Verizon's service and coverage, or the DX's hardware and Android OS?

Would you have bought the DX if it was only on AT&T, T-Mobile, etc...?

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    885 times
    That is tough to say - I am happy with VZW service - I couldn't imagine being with another carrier...However, I love the X and couldn't see me having a different phone...I am just glad I didn't have to decide one way or the other and they are both together!!
    Failure isn't falling down, failure is staying down.

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    I bought it because of the hardware itself. I hate to talk on the phone so the call strength meant little in my decision.

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    332 times
    I would have gotten an iPhone if AT&T service did not blow so hard here. In retrospect, I am glad I got with the X!!!

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 64.5%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    573 times
    Pick the provider then the device

X Informant
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 125
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I'm about as loyal to them as they are to me.

X Operative
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Loyal to Verizon. Coverage trumps device, in my eyes. Verizon has the best coverage in my area, and then it was just a decision between the DX and the DInc, which was sold out at the time, heh.

X Operative Achievements:
    Created Album pictures250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Verizon, easily. I live in a very rural area, as "woodsy" as it gets, south/central Kentucky. Very hilly country, very, very few cities, etc.. With Verizon I don't care what phone I am using or see, from the "free" phones they offer to my expensive (ultra expensive to me) Droid X, they just blow AT&T's coverage away. As far as the phone, the Droid X is by far and away the best phone I've ever owned. I haven't owned an Iphone, any of them so I can't really compare from that standpoint. I did play with my friends Iphone 3gs last night, the X is quite a bit faster than that phone in many ways. The screen was superior. I took pics with both, the X was better, the video wasn't even close I took. My friend was really impressed with the video recording. But the main thing was, at his house, and then when we all went out to eat...he wanted to know if I wanted the stuff to hook up his Iphone because of all the music he had on it. I said I'd just hook up my X and we'd listen to Pandora. He had downloaded Pandora as well as several other radio stations to his Iphone but said he'd NEVER used them. He could not believe I could load up Pandora and it would play so smoothly, or that it would play at all. He said even when Pandora loaded up for him that it would say "buffering". So anyway, that may be a combination of my phone power, combined with the much superior service of Verizon in my area. I have saw the Iphone4, how cool the "Facetime" app is. I have seen the stupid posts and bickering back and forth, DX guys saying Facetime is "gimmicky" or whatever. That is just bullcrap. If we had that on our DX's it would be one of the first features we'd quote we had if the Iphone4 didn't have it. So, maybe if Iphone4 had of been available I MIGHT have went with it over the DX. But man, the larger screen in the DX is a huge factor for me. I know the IPhone4 has better text, despite it has a smaller screen, but for movies, etc.., I love the DX screen. Perfect phone for me would be the DX screen with the Iphone's front camera and facetime combined with the IPhone4's screen resolution, and while I'm wishing, give me the speedy gaming power of those new Samsung phones. As it is, this is the best I can get for Verizon so yeah, I'm a Verizon guy first. I'm loyal to whoever can connect my calls the most places and to the service that keeps a nice steady 3g signal. I do have some slight Facetime envy I admit.

Agent X
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 142
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesThree Friends100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I choose Verizon and then get the device I want. I would not switch carries for a phone cause Verizon is the best. Why would I down grade????

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Droid Does!!!
    Droid X-Blackberry Curve- EnV2- Razr- some other random phones I cannot remember!

X Operative
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Verizon first! Coverage pwns everywhere. Device second.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Nokia handheld -> LG flip phone -> Storm -> Droid X

ROOTED and lovin' it
    running Android
    4.0.4 - currently using Gummy 1.2.0 - 5/9/12 [BETA]

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads