Hello, Need A New Rootable Phone/Plan Suggestion

This is a discussion on Hello, Need A New Rootable Phone/Plan Suggestion within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I have a 2.2.1 rooted Droid X that I have enjoyed for about 3 years but I am now sick of paying $112/month for service. ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jeems

Thread: Hello, Need A New Rootable Phone/Plan Suggestion

X Informant
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question Hello, Need A New Rootable Phone/Plan Suggestion

I have a 2.2.1 rooted Droid X that I have enjoyed for about 3 years but I am now sick of paying $112/month for service. A friend of mine mentioned he has a rooted phone with unlimited data and pays about $45 a month and mentioned this site... I have unlimited data now but Verizon wont let me keep it if I ungrade my phone, they say they've done away with that plan.

What I'm looking for:
    1 - a phone that can create a wifi hotspot
    2 - a phone that can be rooted
    3 - preferably a camera on both sides so you can see self shoot images
    4 - an unlimited data plan
    5 - a pretty cheap monthly bill
    6 - a phone that is secure and not effected by the android flaw

Any specific phone suggestions?

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Themer
    Theme Developer
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 201
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    In order to figure out what phones are available you should pick a service first. All of the things you want in a phone should be available on any carrier. You just need to figure out who has the plan you want at a price you are willing to pay. Number 1 and 3 should apply to any phone as long as your carrier allows hotspots. 2 will depend on who your carrier is. 6 was overblown and I wouldn't worry about it. Just be mindful of what you are installing.

And just as an fyi, if you buy a phone full price you keep your unlimited with verizon. It's when you sign a new 2 year contract that you lose it. Doesn't lower your bill, but thought you might like to know.
    sd_shadow likes this.
    Check out my themes:

Simple Sideways - MIUI lockscreen - Simple Sideways Dark - Touch of Green - Vortex RC1 - Christmas theme (in case you miss it) - Vortex RC1

X Informant
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jeems View Post
    In order to figure out what phones are available you should pick a service first. All of the things you want in a phone should be available on any carrier. You just need to figure out who has the plan you want at a price you are willing to pay. Number 1 and 3 should apply to any phone as long as your carrier allows hotspots. 2 will depend on who your carrier is. 6 was overblown and I wouldn't worry about it. Just be mindful of what you are installing.

And just as an fyi, if you buy a phone full price you keep your unlimited with verizon. It's when you sign a new 2 year contract that you lose it. Doesn't lower your bill, but thought you might like to know.
    when i bought my droid x the feature of it being able to create a hotspot for other devices was a new feature to phone... it still is not very common i don't believe... also many new cameras still don't have a screen side camera... my service provider is going to be verizon...

Remove Ads

Ads