Tricky or impossible? Appradio/Arliberator

This is a discussion on Tricky or impossible? Appradio/Arliberator within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Hey group, I'm new to the forum, but have already received a ton of help from you guys. I currently have a X w/ a ...

Thread: Tricky or impossible? Appradio/Arliberator

X Lurker
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 2.1%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Tricky or impossible? Appradio/Arliberator

Hey group,

I'm new to the forum, but have already received a ton of help from you guys. I currently have a X w/ a rooted .621 that I'm using simply as a media player. To root I used an all in one Droid/DX iso disc that's around 55mb.

Regardless, since rooting, I've put CM9 on it which worked great. Except I want to use this device with the Pioneer AppRadio 2 HU. CM9 has no HDMI output. So, I looked for a ROM w/ HDMI and discovered Liberty. Liberty worked, but only to an extent. I have to force HDMI out using Xtensa (sp?) which I guess is an app only compatible with Droid X to force HDMI. This allows me to have audio over HDMI, but I have to control the HU with the X and can only see the phone display through the HU since the X can't do HDMI mirroring. Finally, Arliberator doesn't work on Liberty since it's not Android 3.....

Question: Is there a ROM that will work with ARliberator and also has HDMI or support for it. I can understand having to still use the app to force HDMI out on the X...

Thank you for all the help.

P.S. In my playing around, I attempted to go back to CM9 after installing Liberty. I formatted everything before trying to install Liberty again, but now the phone is stuck on the initial static Liberty screen and will only allow me to boot into the stock recovery. How can I fix this as well? Do I have to sbf it again and if so how w/o being able to boot into the phone??? Thanks!!!

-Nevin

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    384 times
    Welcome...

As for restoring what version of cw were you restoring with and what was the backup made...

And sorry if I missed it..but what version of liberty was it..the latest one? ( latest still being probably almost a year old )

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

X Operative
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 141
    Overall activity: 0.8%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    You could try VLXR (Vortex/Libety Reloaded), which can be found here. It's mostly a Vortex base with Liberty enhancements. HDMI works well for me, so it might be worth trying out. Hope it helps.

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Well I went from rooting, to installing CM9, to installing Liberty due to needing the HDMI out, then thought that I could tinker with CM9 so that's what I was putting back on. The exact version was labeled as CM9-DX-08192012 with apn support. That was the only version of CM9 I had found for the X. Regardless, at this point I somehow messed up the cyanogen recovery as I can only get to the default android recovery. If I could could the cyanogen recovery running again I could give Vortex a shot which I'm hoping will work out. What version of android is the Vortex ROM based off? If it's ICS and has hdmi support it's a win.

Anyways, like I said, when I first rooted I used an iso disc that needed a working phone. Since, I can only get into the default recovery and everything else simply locks on the static Liberty boot screen, how can I go about correcting the cyanogen recovery?

Also, I did make a backup from when I had just rooted the phone. I could easily reinstall it with the cyanogen recovery. Not a clue now. Also, I was using Liberty 3X 2.0 Gold-signed-621v. both copies of Liberty and CM9 worked very well when installed. They simply didn't have all the functions I need for using Arliberator with the AppRadio. Yet, going back to Liberty from CM9 messed up the cyanogen recovery for whatever reason. Sorry for the rant. Appreciate the help so far and looking forward to trying Vortex.

-Nevin

X Operative
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Can you get into the Bootloader (power off, hold camera button+volumedown and press power)? Once you get to that point, you can SBF back to whatever version of stock you prefer. Admittedly I'm not familiar with CM9 and/or what changes it makes, so that may not work in your case. I used Wugfresh's SBFBoot the last time I flashed VLXR and went back to Froyo so I could flash the 15p radio update at the same time. If you need a copy of SBFBoot, I think I still have a copy on my home computer.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 455
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Member #
    Liked
    287 times
    once 621 is on phone, only use 621 sbf,
    you can sbf with
    Droid_X_621-SBF-and-RootCD-2nd_edition.iso or Droid_X_621-ezSBF-and-RootCD.iso
    just use option 1: flash 621 sbf and follow instructions
    or you can use 1FF-p3a_shadow_cdma_shadow-user-2.3.4-4.5.1_57_DX8-51-120111-test-keys-signed-Verizon-US.sbf.zip
    and flash with rsd lite

rooting with cd is no longer necessary
    just use Framaroot .621 one click root method on device!!
    Last edited by sd_shadow; 05-21-2013 at 12:51 PM.

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey guys,

Sorry for the lack of response the past week. Been slightly busy with the holiday weekend. In the meantime some ironic things: Before I even read sd_shadow's post I used rsdlite to sbf back to factory .621. After that I actually discovered framaroot and that was obviously crazy easy to root again. Curious, are there a lot of apk rooting apps for other phones that have been created? My only rooting experience is between the original incredible and the X.

So, now I'm rooted and such again. I did some more research into the Vortex ROM is found it was based off of Gingerbread so I know it won't. I found a ROM called BoostedICS. Supposedly it's based off of ICS with HDMI support. Well I found an early build of it. It was simply called Beta 1. I tried it and sure enough it is from ICS so Arliberator will install, but I'm not finding any HDMI support. I tried using the app to force hdmi out and it simply hung on initializing like it has before on ICS ROMS. I'm wondering if this could be due to possibly a lack of compatibility w/ ICS or the fact that there is no native HDMI support.

So, I'm back to flashing another ROM to it in hopes of finding something or.... Does anyone know if there is a copy of BoostedICS from 7-13-12. Supposedly this version is the last fully working version. If someone has it I would appreciate greatly a share. It's worth a shot. Thanx to all the help so far.

-Nevin

-Off topic question: My normal phone is still the original incredible that I have CM7 on. The phone works great usually for me and I've no data contract so that's why I haven't switched. Anyways, the phone just started acting up on me. I have all mobile data, texts work, but if I answer/make a phone call (even voicemail) I lose my ability to send/receive texts as well. I will restart the phone and sometimes it fixes the issue and sometimes not. Eventually it'll allow me to text again. Any clues as to what's going on? I even formatted and reflashed CM7 in hopes of fixing and nothing. Clues?

X Operative
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevin View Post
    So, now I'm rooted and such again. I did some more research into the Vortex ROM is found it was based off of Gingerbread so I know it won't.
    It won't what? Support HDMI? It absolutely does; I use HDMI on my phone on a regular basis. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding something.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 455
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Member #
    Liked
    287 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaver74 View Post
    It won't what? Support HDMI? It absolutely does; I use HDMI on my phone on a regular basis. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevin View Post
    Hey group,...
    Question: Is there a ROM that will work with ARliberator and also has HDMI or support for it. I can understand having to still use the app to force HDMI out on the X...

arliberator app
    requires android 3.0 or higher
    Last edited by sd_shadow; 05-28-2013 at 11:40 AM. Reason: added quote

Ok please help me

Ok soooo I have a question I have been trying to find the answer too but I get like ten different ones ,ok I have a rooted s4 though Verizon stock firmware 4.2.2 . What cables do I need to use to the appradio 2 and arliberator list list all ths needed and if need a different rom please be user friendly please I hope to find the answers from my fellow droid friends Ty P.s hope do I get the software update to stop popping up ? Bonus question lol

Remove Ads

Ads