Getting into micro sd and adding music

This is a discussion on Getting into micro sd and adding music within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; First time smart-phone user here, just got my droid x this morning . Anyways, from videos on the old droid it looks like you plug ...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Getting into micro sd and adding music

Getting into micro sd and adding music

First time smart-phone user here, just got my droid x this morning . Anyways, from videos on the old droid it looks like you plug droid into computer, mount, and open your disk and add files. This isn't working with the Droid X. Plugged it in, wanted me to install some motoral software -- fine -- installed it -- maybe it will work now -- no, it does not. Now they send me to verizons site to download V-Cast. Heres where I need the help. I'd really like to add files but i dont want to download anymore crapware, I'd like to bypass having/using VCast and manually add things to my micro sd. so....Is this Possible??

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Havnt had a chance to plug this into a windows machine, but in linux yes. When you plug it in you can tell it to mount the SD card for storage use.

Tell it to mount through the phone? When I go to my notifications and hit USB. It directs me to a options screen with PC Mode. Windows media sync. charge only...blabla... but no mounting options

Alright well I checked through the settings and my card was mounted. So i chose the option for USB Storage and when prompted on my computer i opened folder to view files (this wasnt working at first) and then made the folder > added music. and it worked on my droid x. Maybe this will help any new timers with the same confusion.

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Just shove all your music into the media folder
    Droid Does

I am not affiliated with Techtv or The Screen Savers

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    open your notifications, you should have a usb connection. If you select that it will open up a media manager app. This should pop up a window on your pc where you can open your files on your X. I"e been dropping my albums in the pre existing album folder. It does still open up the verizon website for the media manager which is annoying as all get out. Hopefully that can be disabled somehow...

Also be sure and Safely Remove Hardware in the taskbar on your pc. That will re mount your sd card and make the music available through your phone.

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    ^ yes it can, thats actually happening due to the Moto driver that you installed.

You should have a Moto M logo with a blue oval around it in your icon try in windows, (next to the clock) right click it, and just select nothing. It should no longer pop up any more.
    Droid Does

I am not affiliated with Techtv or The Screen Savers

+ Reply to Thread

Ads