Will the OTA Froyo be root-able immediately? Leaked froyo the final build?

This is a discussion on Will the OTA Froyo be root-able immediately? Leaked froyo the final build? within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Quick couple questions that may have been answered in topics but I haven't found anything accessible.. will the OTA Froyo be rootable fast or will ...

Thread: Will the OTA Froyo be root-able immediately? Leaked froyo the final build?

X Operative Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Will the OTA Froyo be root-able immediately? Leaked froyo the final build?

Quick couple questions that may have been answered in topics but I haven't found anything accessible.. will the OTA Froyo be rootable fast or will we have to wait for devs to figure out a new one-button root? Also, I know that rooted users who download the leaked froyo still have root, but I've been weary to do so because I would prefer the final build of 2.2 if I'm going to have waited this long in the first place. Anybody know if the leak is final or a beta?

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Quick couple questions that may have been answered in topics but I haven't found anything accessible.. will the OTA Froyo be rootable fast or will we have to wait for devs to figure out a new one-button root? Also, I know that rooted users who download the leaked froyo still have root, but I've been weary to do so because I would prefer the final build of 2.2 if I'm going to have waited this long in the first place. Anybody know if the leak is final or a beta?
    If I've read and interpreted the information correctly, if you get Froyo via the OTA, it won't be rootable right away, but will be very soon after the official release.

If you do the leaked version (which I heard was rumored to be the final version), you are able to have root right now.

Like I said, this is just how I interpreted the information I read. I might be wrong.
    I intend to live forever. So far so good.

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Overall activity: 0.7%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    OTA Froyo for the Droid X has been confirmed to be rootable by the same process Droid 2 gets rooted with. A one click method will probably come in like a week. Way in advance of when we get Froyo.

X Pursuant Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    First, it will be rooted someday.
    Second, no the leaked build is NOT the final build. Guaranteed 100%. If you believe otherwise you're stupid (at people who would argue it is the final, not you). Plain and simple.
    Third, there is really very few issues I've run into with the leaked version. Not to mention, as long as you don't mess with the internals, you WILL be able to update to the OTA 2.2 update, as well as just being able to SBF (kitty ran over my keyboard for this part:*flash t=ooooooo-) flash and get back to 2.1 stock and then update from there.

Froyo is stable and fantastic, and literally requires a copy paste if you don't want to root.

Remove Ads

Ads