Picture File Management

This is a discussion on Picture File Management within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I was trying to show a friend a picture of my son in the gallery on my DX, and could not find it (only 44 ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Picture File Management

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Picture File Management

I was trying to show a friend a picture of my son in the gallery on my DX, and could not find it (only 44 pics there right now). Later, I tried to figure out where it went. I can see the picture by looking in the Camera folder with file management software (either Astro or the stock file manager), but it doesn't come up in the Gallery app (not in the camera roll or any of the other folders or tags). Additionally, the camera roll in the Gallery DOES have 1 photo that is NOT visible in the camera folder when using a file manager?!? It's as if these two pictures are somehow interrelated. As a result, both the camera folder via file manager and the Gallery have the exact same number of total pictures (44), but they each contain one and are missing one that the other has! If it wasn't a picture of my boy whom I'm always bragging about, I would have never noticed. If I haven't totally confused everyone with this post, does anybody have any idea what is happening?

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    332 times
    I would "guess" the gallery app cache is messed up OR you manipulated the file somehow and changed it so the gallery is ignoring it.

X Operative
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Was the picture in question taken by the DX or transferred from your pc/mac? Are you using any other launcher aside from stock?

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Btango05 View Post
    Was the picture in question taken by the DX or transferred from your pc/mac? Are you using any other launcher aside from stock?

The picture was taken with the DX. I did share it via either Handcent or Gmail (don't remember). I'm running a stock setup (no root, no 2.2). This is mainly curiosity at this point, wanting to know how things work. Thanks for the replies. The picture was taken soon after I got the X, and I was doing a lot of fumbling around and experimentation at that point. Just seems really odd the disconnect between what File Manager and Gallery displays.... Thanks again. MWM

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    332 times
    You could go to applications Force close gallery and clear the cache. Maybe it will pick it back up?!?

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    The gallery does indeed need some sort of refresh option. I've found that when I run into similar problems of pictures not showing up in the Gallery I just restart the phone and *poof* there's the pics! I've tested doing a Force Stop and clearing cache but it didn't help. Next time try restarting the phone then checking the gallery again. Lame solution I know but it's worth a shot until someone can give us a definitive solution.

X Lurker Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I turned the phone power off, then back on - no change in what I'm observing. I do not see Gallery in the stock applications manager setting. I used an app called SystemPanel Lite to find and close Gallery. Then, I relaunched Gallery from the home screen shortcut - still no joy - the mysterious unsynced pic condition persists. Good suggestions on things to try, even though they didn't fix the issue. MWM

X Informant
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Overall activity: 0.6%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I ran into this last night. Download the SDMount widget from the market. It dismounts and remounts your SD card with one click. I put mine right beside the Gallery icon. This will fix your problem.

X Pursuant Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritech View Post
    The gallery does indeed need some sort of refresh option. I've found that when I run into similar problems of pictures not showing up in the Gallery I just restart the phone and *poof* there's the pics! I've tested doing a Force Stop and clearing cache but it didn't help. Next time try restarting the phone then checking the gallery again. Lame solution I know but it's worth a shot until someone can give us a definitive solution.
    Agreed!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

X Lurker Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mddittman View Post
    I ran into this last night. Download the SDMount widget from the market. It dismounts and remounts your SD card with one click. I put mine right beside the Gallery icon. This will fix your problem.
    Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't fix the problem, in this case

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads