Verizon dropping "Grandfathered" Unlimited Data Plans?

This is a discussion on Verizon dropping "Grandfathered" Unlimited Data Plans? within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I dont understand, Is my unlimited plan being scraped in a couple months? Or in two years? I just upgraded to the maxx a month ...

Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Verizon dropping "Grandfathered" Unlimited Data Plans?

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 76
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    I dont understand, Is my unlimited plan being scraped in a couple months? Or in two years? I just upgraded to the maxx a month ago.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Sent from the VorteX!

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by idontliketolose View Post
    I dont understand, Is my unlimited plan being scraped in a couple months? Or in two years? I just upgraded to the maxx a month ago.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    The way I interpreted the article. Is that people switching form 3G to 4G (and any other new customers) will not be able to keep unlimited service and be forced to get a tiered plan. So you should be fine for at least the duration if your contract. It doesn't mention what happens to people who already have unlimited 4G. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yup, it is $175 to break contract. You can call and try to get them to lower it but don't be surprised if they tell you to pound sand. But it doesn't hurt to ask.

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 21.2%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Its actually $350 if you have a smartphone.

Onyx AOKP

Agent X
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 172
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SB50 View Post
    The way I interpreted the article. Is that people switching form 3G to 4G (and any other new customers) will not be able to keep unlimited service and be forced to get a tiered plan. So you should be fine for at least the duration if your contract. It doesn't mention what happens to people who already have unlimited 4G. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
    If we re-sign a contract with vzw for unlimited data for 2yrs on a 4g phone, how can they take it away? Wont vzw be breaking the contract? I also read the article and it sounded like if you are locked in to a contract then you were fine until the contract ended or you upgraded again.
    What rom do I run today??
    1kds SBF http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/dr...-problems.html
    If you are in a state of "OMG I jacked my phone up". Go here for help.http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-rescue-squad/

X Operative
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Overall activity: 1.6%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    For those of you planning on never upgrading just to keep unlimited data, I don't think that will work. Once you aren't under contract, Verizon can make whatever changes they want to your plan.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Themer
    Theme Developer
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 201
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    Anyone read this one? Next summer it will be this:

The high price of devices such as the Apple Inc iPhone have hurt operator margins as Verizon and its rivals pay hefty subsidies for the device so it can offer the phones at a discount to customers who sign a two-year contract.
    But Shammo said he is looking closely at moves by European operators to back off on subsidizing smartphones.
    "I think the industry is going to look hard at these types of models going forward," he said.
    They'll get ya coming and going!

Anyone on here know how to use carrier pigeons?
    Check out my themes:

Simple Sideways - MIUI lockscreen - Simple Sideways Dark - Touch of Green - Vortex RC1 - Christmas theme (in case you miss it) - Vortex RC1

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    384 times
    Just spent 45 min on the phone with vzw....awesome customer service....edit this post with some info once I get to my computer

Sent from my DROIDX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Edit. Ok so after 45 min. First im going to say that VZW customer service, is one of the best....the lady i spoke with was like us, the only news she knew of was that of what she heard or read..but has been getting the short end up the stick from customers because of all this, (which it isn't her that is making the decision)..Needless to say, she thought it is a b/s move as well and is all for unlimited data, for those grandfathered in, and was nothing but helpful...So she went into my account as I was due for an upgrade back in February, and I was waiting on the S3..but that probably won't drop until AFTER these new plans roll out, so I couldn't afford nor want to lose my unlimited data...so what she did is did a trail run on the Gnex, as it is a LTE device, to see if it would change my data plan, lo and behold..as of today it did not change my plan, and im still set until 2014...So as of today upgrading to a lte device, will still keep you grandfathered in..the gnex was charged to my account, no out of pocket expense today..still keep my unlimited data...I also have the x2 on my account, that we got in before the first data tier plans dropped, and its upgrade is not due until next Feb, we tried to run that one as well, but she could not access that one to run a test to see...Not sure if this will help anyone, but i know like ive been on the fence for which phone Ive wanted for a while now, and waiting for the s3, but this move on VZW part, could not hesitate any longer...hope this answeres some questions for some people...lol
    Last edited by DirtyDroid; 05-17-2012 at 09:39 AM.
    Goose306 likes this.

X Informant
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 1.7%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    So I have to give up my unlimited data because of that lame ass apple garbage! Booooooo! That's ridiculous! Jack the price back up and let apple's profits suffer, then they'll fix the price and everyone can benefit! I can't believe that all of vzw's customers have to pay for one companies egotism! :-!

Rant over

Sorry, it's very upsetting. Glad I got that out of my system. :-)

Agent X
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 172
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jeems View Post
    Anyone read this one? Next summer it will be this:

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=arial]

They'll get ya coming and going!

Anyone on here know how to use carrier pigeons?
    Wow Im a fool. I read that link that jeems posted and just realized that its about "shared" data. This really sucks. Now I have to share X amount of data between my 4 smart phones. 2 of those lines are my teenage daughters. Man this gets better and better .
    What rom do I run today??
    1kds SBF http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/dr...-problems.html
    If you are in a state of "OMG I jacked my phone up". Go here for help.http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-rescue-squad/

Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads