Important Info for .621 Update!

This is a discussion on Important Info for .621 Update! within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; This is mainly a question for Goose but anyone with good info is free to chime in. I followed 1KDS' instructions and was successful in ...

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Important Info for .621 Update!

Milestone X and root successful but now internet and other features are not working.

This is mainly a question for Goose but anyone with good info is free to chime in.

I followed 1KDS' instructions and was successful in getting to Milestone X 4.5.604 Gingerbread with root but now I cannot access the internet or android market (google play). Any suggestions? I'm a pretty good IT guy but basically a noobie when it comes to the phones so please be gentle. ;-)

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 141
    Overall activity: 43.1%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    79 times
    Quote Originally Posted by florigator View Post
    This is mainly a question for Goose but anyone with good info is free to chime in.

I followed 1KDS' instructions and was successful in getting to Milestone X 4.5.604 Gingerbread with root but now I cannot access the internet or android market (google play). Any suggestions? I'm a pretty good IT guy but basically a noobie when it comes to the phones so please be gentle. ;-)
    Lets start easy:
    Do you have 3G or WIFI signal bars? Does it say you are connected? Or no connections at all?

Sent from my Wiz Wiz MIUI!

X Lurker
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 5.5%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Facfory reset/wipe done at all? Sounds like a common problem, but I forget the techno-crap reasoning. Go into your WiFi settings and manually enter in the IP, mask, DNS, etc. Or, track down the download links for the .621 kernals. Instal them via CWM recovery (bootstrap) and you'll be on full X workings with a Milestone ROM. Others here are better at directions, I'm a bit fuzzy; been a short while since I brought my X (backup phone) back on the path. If I remember, I'll post those manual settings when I get home...if someone else doesn't do it first.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid X Forums

Yeah, I had WiFi and 3G bars showing. Here's the really strange part. I did the mod on Wednesday evening around 6pm and as of yesterday evening (Thursday) I still could not get to the internet via WiFi or 3G but this morning (Friday) it is all working fine. Go Figure!

Also, I was unable to add my Exchange email account using Corporate Sync. I was getting an error message saying it was not compatible with the server version which is Exchange 2010. This didn't make any sense since I had the account working fine for two years on the same phone with various mod versions. Anyhow, the good news is Corporate Sync is now working just like the internet so I don't know what was going on but it seemed to correct itself. I did nothing to cause it to start working.

Ain't technology great? ... ;-)

X Lurker
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 1.3%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    so, if my phone is already on .621, is there a way to just root it? without flashing another firmware?

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 1.6%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    The only way to root .621 is by flashing the Milestone X .604. No harm by doing so.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    384 times
    Quote Originally Posted by newmanx4 View Post
    The only way to root .621 is by flashing the Milestone X .604. No harm by doing so.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    That^^ and then just flash this 621 package here, to put you back on the X recovery and kernal.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    79 times
    The two above pretty much got it. You to flash to another firmware to root, but once rooted its easy enough to get back to stock .621 rooted if you want.

EDIT: OP updated. No longer have to do the /system nandroid restore that is demarcated now that ky41083 has AIOs for stock-rooted .621, so updated as needed.
    Last edited by Goose306; 06-03-2012 at 08:38 AM.

So I was at work when I posted that everything was working correctly and at the time, that was indeed the case. I then created a WiFi hotspot since my phone is rooted with superuser access and the hotspot seemed to be working fine until I connected my laptop to the hotspot and tried to browse the web, my laptop browser was redirected to https://dunsp.vzw.com/search ...(etc.) and the web page was a blank white background with the following text: "Your phone is not currently setup to be used as a modem or mobile hotspot. To see if these services are available, click 'Continue.'" When I clicked continue it takes me right back to the same page. This was on my laptop, not my phone so that was really odd. I did not try accessing the internet again after the failed attempt to use the hotspot.

Then later when I got home, I try to access the internet from my phone and my browser was redirected to the same web address (https://dunsp.vzw.com/search ...(etc.)) and I see the same message that I saw earlier ( "Your phone is not currently setup to be used as a modem or mobile hotspot. To see if these services are available, click 'Continue.'"). When I click "Continue" on my phone, the next page says "This device is currently no authorized to access Dial-Up Networking services, please contact your wireless service provider for more details." Not sure what changed other than being at home instead of at work.

Any ideas on how I can correct this behavior?

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    79 times
    Quote Originally Posted by florigator View Post
    So I was at work when I posted that everything was working correctly and at the time, that was indeed the case. I then created a WiFi hotspot since my phone is rooted with superuser access and the hotspot seemed to be working fine until I connected my laptop to the hotspot and tried to browse the web, my laptop browser was redirected to https://dunsp.vzw.com/search ...(etc.) and the web page was a blank white background with the following text: "Your phone is not currently setup to be used as a modem or mobile hotspot. To see if these services are available, click 'Continue.'" When I clicked continue it takes me right back to the same page. This was on my laptop, not my phone so that was really odd. I did not try accessing the internet again after the failed attempt to use the hotspot.

Then later when I got home, I try to access the internet from my phone and my browser was redirected to the same web address (https://dunsp.vzw.com/search ...(etc.)) and I see the same message that I saw earlier ( "Your phone is not currently setup to be used as a modem or mobile hotspot. To see if these services are available, click 'Continue.'"). When I click "Continue" on my phone, the next page says "This device is currently no authorized to access Dial-Up Networking services, please contact your wireless service provider for more details." Not sure what changed other than being at home instead of at work.

Any ideas on how I can correct this behavior?
    You have to flash the Wugfresh patch since your on stock. Its in GB General Hacking. If you can't find it I can link it later. Its because of the VZW blocks

Sent from my Wiz Wiz MIUI!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads