Droid X Sync with iMac

This is a discussion on Droid X Sync with iMac within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I thought the Droid was supposed to be "open source"? I guess I am not that much of a techi, but if that is the ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Droid X Sync with iMac

X Lurker Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Droid X Sync with iMac

I thought the Droid was supposed to be "open source"? I guess I am not that much of a techi, but if that is the case, why do they sync so well with PC's, but not Macs?

I have an iMac and have downloaded Double Twist, but can't get my damn Droid X to "mount" to my iMac. I keep getting a message that says my computer does not recognize the disk...

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    use usb mass storage mode, not pc mode, and it should work fine. Mine is working...

X Lurker Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    How do i get it into mass storage mode?

X Lurker Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I figured out how to put it into mass storage mode. now for some reason it is saying the memory card is missing on the phone. I looked and it is definitely there... Any ideas?

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    my phone did that the first time i connected it. I just unplugged the usb and plugged in again once the phone knew to use usb mass storage and then it worked. Now ive unplugged and plugged back in several times and it works everytime. Just try a few more times I would say.

X Lurker Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I feel like slamming my head against a wall. I am trying to switch back to VZW from AT&T, but this is almost not worth it....

I have disconnected and reconnected countless times and no luck... I have spent 3 hours on the phone with technical support and they don't have an answer because they don't deal with Mac's... This seems ridiculous to me. Isn't Android trying to take back customers lost to the iPhone???? If that's the case, why the heck aren't they compatible with Mac's or iTunes? Bad business model if you ask me...

X Lurker Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Android is perfectly compatible with Mac computers. They are not compatible with itunes solely because of Apple's refusal to allow non-apple devices to sync with itunes. The issues you are experiencing are not about android or the droidx in general. Unfortunately i'm not sure how to help you get this issue resolved.

X Lurker Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'd recommend taking your Mac to the Apple Store and getting them to assist at the Genius Bar. Hopefully they don't give you a hard time about the Droid X, but you DO own a Mac, and Apple said today that they want to make EVERY customer of theirs happy. I would think this would be part of that promise.

X Informant Achievements:
    7 days registeredThree Friends100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    You need to plug it in and pull down the notification bar on the DX...Use USB Mass Storage

X Operative
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Works fine with my Mac, just are my original Droid does.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads