Record audio internally?

This is a discussion on Record audio internally? within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Browsed the web and the forum with no luck and not even a explanation. I could be blind and missed it somewhere but pretty sure ...

Thread: Record audio internally?

Record audio internally?

Browsed the web and the forum with no luck and not even a explanation. I could be blind and missed it somewhere but pretty sure ive exhausted my searches, so prove me wrong I would assume that someone else has tried this by now. Been looking for an app (or explanation why it doesn't exist) to record audio internally. A way to record whatever the phone is playing off of the sound card and not through the mic. I know they have streaming audio players that record internet radio but why not one that could record whatever sound is going through the sound card on its way to the speaker.

ex: I want to record audio from my phones speaker in higher quality then having to go through speakers and then into the microphone possibly recording background noises, etc.

Pandora, siriusxm, etc would be open to record.

Is this a Hardware issue?

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Agent X
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 1.6%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Just guessing but you probably can't find an app to do this because it would also be capable of recording phone conversations, which I believe is illegal. Hence the lack of an application of this type.

Again, just a guess off the top of my head. I could be totally wrong.

Sent from my Android device.

X Informant
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Or you could record youtube videos for music collections.

I too would like an app fpr this. I had a girl dp her best pleasure soumd and recorded it....she knew I did...but I want to lift the audio and make it her ringtone. But if this were possible, it would be the same ability to record youtube audio

sent from my DROID X while driving.....thank you tapatalk for making this possible.
    Last edited by fezrock; 11-29-2011 at 04:04 AM.

Creating recording on computer with our own hands is really a nice thing. For me, I'd like to record my screen activity with both system audio and microphone sound grabbed. Luckily, my great screen recorder, Joyoshare Screen Recorder, can support different input devices as long as my computer comes with the one I need. Moreover, I can also cut my recording, skip unwanted section, specify configuration, etc. in the way I like.

Remove Ads

Ads