I appreciate all the ROM developers but...

This is a discussion on I appreciate all the ROM developers but... within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I decided to go back to stock because I like the Blur interface with everything working. I guess all I was really looking for in ...

Thread: I appreciate all the ROM developers but...

X Operative
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times

I appreciate all the ROM developers but...

I decided to go back to stock because I like the Blur interface with everything working. I guess all I was really looking for in a ROM was improved battery life. I decided to try QuickClock. I'm at 60% after almost 13 hours using the battery saver mode in QC. In addition to QC, I went into advanced wifi settings and changed my wifi to never sleep since I work from home and have a good wifi signal. I turn wifi off when I leave my house. I also quit syncing all social apps since I rarely access them on my X. I refresh them manually when I do want to use them. And finally, I turned off all location services. If I need to navigate, I can turn them on. My screen brightness is set at auto. I only turn on BT when I'm using it.

I sync one personal Gmail account and two business Gmail accounts. I access forums, email and text messaging plus phone calls throughout the day.

Attachment 22360

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Agent X
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 197
    Overall activity: 1.5%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    did you ever happen to try DSX (dark slide x) easily the best ROM for full blur performance and battery life, although it does look like your doin pretty well off now...

I can run my X to 60 percent in about 8-9 hours with all my social/local services on, no quick clock, and heavy to medium use throughout the day

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 576
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    165 times
    that's what roms like apex and shuji... along with the three versions from mobile sense are about... they have some blur.. but are meant to have have better battery life...
    but that's what makes these things so great is that it's all about your choice... with your phone...
    Post Script:
    We have nothing to fear but runnig out of beer/*****|*****\
    Nemo Aeternamn Wallpapers

Sbf: Linux - Rsd Common Terminolgy Root: Ginger Tether X2:Q&A+LINKS Stolen from Goose306: Info On 621

X Operative
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo aeternamn View Post
    that's what roms like apex and shuji... along with the three versions from mobile sense are about... they have some blur.. but are meant to have have better battery life...
    but that's what makes these things so great is that it's all about your choice... with your phone...
    I've tried Apex, Shuji, MS602, Darkslide and Vortex. They are all great ROMS and each have their strenghts and weaknesses. Even the Blur ROMS that support HDMI, etc. aren't 100% Blur friendly as far as I can tell. None of the ones I tried gave me Blur Home, with the execption of DSX but that's a 596 build, although I did discover that the Moto Blur Home fix in the market will work on MS602 and I think I read that you can delete Launcher2 and end up with the Blur Home which I prefer over AOSP. And not many of the Blur widgets work on the ROMS I tried. I'm really not big into themes that turn everything one color or another. I'll keep up with further Blur ROM development and may flash a ROM again when one comes along that looks good. The devs for 602 are doing an excellent job and I'm sure it will keep getting better and better. Thanks for the input.
    Last edited by corki2; 09-16-2011 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Correction

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 576
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    165 times
    sounds good corki.... hopefully liberty will come out shortly based off the 602...
    haha... one thing of note... you don't want to try cm7 gb...haha.... i've gotten anywhere between 4 to 15(min and max) hours of battery life...haha...
    Post Script:
    We have nothing to fear but runnig out of beer/*****|*****\
    Nemo Aeternamn Wallpapers

Sbf: Linux - Rsd Common Terminolgy Root: Ginger Tether X2:Q&A+LINKS Stolen from Goose306: Info On 621

X Operative
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jloya View Post
    did you ever happen to try DSX (dark slide x) easily the best ROM for full blur performance and battery life, although it does look like your doin pretty well off now...

I can run my X to 60 percent in about 8-9 hours with all my social/local services on, no quick clock, and heavy to medium use throughout the day
    Are there overclock scripts built into the ROM? I assumed most ROMs had them included. I liked DSX except since it's based on 596 I kept getting those 602 update notifications every 2 hours and I didn't have time to figure out what to do about it, so I flashed something else. I can't recall if the widgets work on DSX. I do like the stock Blur look of DSX.

X Operative Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by corki2 View Post
    I decided to go back to stock because I like the Blur interface with everything working. I guess all I was really looking for in a ROM was improved battery life.
    Welcome back to the largest ROM user-base
    To conserve battery, have you tried JuiceDefender?

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidXForums app.

X Operative
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Natey2 View Post
    Welcome back to the largest ROM user-base
    To conserve battery, have you tried JuiceDefender?

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidXForums app.
    I did a while back before I was rooted. I really didn't notice a difference. I've read conflicting info on it. Some swear by it, some say it uses battery. But I ended up at over 24 hours with 15% left last night with what I'm doing so I think I'm good. I wasn't getting 10 hours before with light use. I have jury duty Monday and just wanted to be able to get through an entire day on a charge because most of the time I will be waiting to be "interviewed" and am told I can use my phone until my "interview". My X functions great as a mobile office as long as my battery can take it. I'm hoping I end up not being one of the "chosen ones" since I operate a one person business and if I can't take care of my clients, I'm done for, otherwise I wouldn't mind. Casey Anthony wouldn't be on the streets if I'd been on that jury. That's for sure.

Remove Ads

Ads