Screen not reacting randomly

This is a discussion on Screen not reacting randomly within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Hey guys, new to the forum, but been lurking around. I got my DX in yesterday, and everything was working great.. but then last night, ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Screen not reacting randomly

Screen not reacting randomly

Hey guys, new to the forum, but been lurking around.

I got my DX in yesterday, and everything was working great.. but then last night, one time I picked it up, nothing reacted to my finger. Couldn't press anything on the touch screen. Shut off the screen and turned it back on and its fine.

Today at work maybe once every 15 times I turn it on I cannot slide to unlock the phone, and if i kept trying i would eventually get it, but then sliding between screens etc would not respond either. Again, it would be fine if I turn off the screen and turn it back on, it'd be night and day with the reaction to my finger being there. I'm not sure whether this would be hard or software, but something is definitely up. I've even passed it to someone else when it doesnt sense my finger and they can't get it either.

I do have the droid screen protector on it, but I can't see it being 180 degree difference the second I turn the screen off the back on..

anyone else have this problem?

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    459 times
    what apps did you install since you got it?

X Operative Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I just had the same thing happen to mine this evening. I almost think mine was because I was on the phone and the low battery box was trying to pop up because I couldn't unlock the screen, I couldn't turn it off and nothing was working on screen until i hit the power button a few times, then it finally started working. First time I have had this happen, but its fine now so I dunno.

500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Happens to me too

I have to press the sleep button then try again

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

apps installed-- barcode scanner, bump, red box codes, earth, facebook, google goggles, google sky map, pandora, and where

and @Jontx... how old is your DX and how often does it happen? you just deal with it? Its rather annoying to me... to be honest

500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    I got my X around 7/25 or so.

It happens about 3-4 times and yes i just deal with it because i had froyo on my droid 1 and it rocked.

If its not fixed along with email notifications and volume issues when the update comes, ill return it for a droid 2.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

What apps do you have installed? Maybe its a common app we both have causing it... im considering a hard reset and seeing if it still happens...

X Lurker Achievements:
    31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Screen not reacting randomly.

Buoght my Moto DX back on 7/25/10. Been running Froyo perfectly for 3 weeks now. And now today, 10/15/10, the screen has become unresponsive. I have tried battery pull, with and without the SD installed, and left the battery out for 5+ minutes. When I do power on the DX, it appears to boot properly. The screen is locked like normal. I can unlock the screen normally with a finger swipe. After that, buttons do not work, screen will not accept input, etc. Screen is clean but does have a stick-on screen protector, which I have been using flawlessly for months. I have Barcode Scanner, Wine+, ES File Manager, Astro File Manager, Solitaire installed. I an NOT rooted.

Any help you can offer is most appreciated.

Mine does the same thing - Very often (more often than not) it is unresponsive - so have to push sleep, home try to unlock, then do it several times before it works. Similarly, for alarm in the morning it doesn't always snooze from tap so have to hit the home key.

Then also it occasionally flips out and pushes keys by itself. It got really really bad and so did a factory reset. Only set up work outlook email and gmail no apps and it locked me out completely. Had the verizon tech on the phone, did a battery pull and then it unlocked.

I've only loaded a couple of apps - google sky and facebook. otherwise trying to do one every few weeks to ensure that is not the problem.

So far it's still not responsive on first unlock but is no longer totally freaking out like it was before (minimizing/enlarging screen on it's own, touching keys and opening apps etc) but still VERY annoying. At times it doesn't unlock when I receive a call and that is just unacceptable for a phone.

They offered to send a refurb but i'm waiting a few more weeks to see what happens...arg!

X Lurker Achievements:
    31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Talking RE: Screen not reacting randomly.

Quote Originally Posted by craigb123 View Post
    Buoght my Moto DX back on 7/25/10. Been running Froyo perfectly for 3 weeks now. And now today, 10/15/10, the screen has become unresponsive. I have tried battery pull, with and without the SD installed, and left the battery out for 5+ minutes. When I do power on the DX, it appears to boot properly. The screen is locked like normal. I can unlock the screen normally with a finger swipe. After that, buttons do not work, screen will not accept input, etc. Screen is clean but does have a stick-on screen protector, which I have been using flawlessly for months. I have Barcode Scanner, Wine+, ES File Manager, Astro File Manager, Solitaire installed. I an NOT rooted.

Any help you can offer is most appreciated.

I figured out what was causing this on my DX Froyo. I have been using Touch Down flawlessly since I got it on 7/25/10. Then, on 10/15/10 the database became corrupt. The fix is to uninstall Touch Down and then re-install. I have done that and things are back to normal, working perfectly. I really love my DX again!

I hope this helps.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads