All Members - please read and help!

This is a discussion on All Members - please read and help! within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; A couple weeks ago, this thread was posted to point out our "report a post" button. http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/of...icks-help.html Hopefully many of you saw it. Staff would ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: All Members - please read and help!

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    885 times

All Members - please read and help!

A couple weeks ago, this thread was posted to point out our "report a post" button.

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/of...icks-help.html

Hopefully many of you saw it. Staff would like to follow up that post with this one, another request for your assistance in helping us keep DXF the great place it is for everyone in the community.

As DXF grows, we want to remind everyone that we pride ourselves and our Forum with being "the place" to go for help with your X/X2. Part of this pride comes from the fact that no question is too trivial or too noobish, to be asked and answered politely and with respect. We know there are different levels of knowledge and tech comfort amongst members, we don't want any member to feel belittled or put down for asking any question, *ANY QUESTION*! The staff tries to merge duplicate threads and / or close them and link them back to active threads if the subject is similiar, cause sometimes the search function can fail in what it shows for results.

While we encourage all members to get involved, to pay it forward so to speak, we'd like you to ask yourself before you click submit on the response you plan to post, "Is the reply helpful or does it add something?" if yes, great, click submit!! If there is any chance it will be taken the wrong way or insult someone, don't post it. And if you see another post that you feel is in question, please hit the "report" button, staff will quickly investigate. This is not to mean that we cannot have fun on the forum, but having fun should not be at the expense of anyone else. We have many off-topic threads that allow for joking and fun within the forum guidelines.

Staff has noticed an increase in the number of posts we are editing, so I'd like to remind everyone of rule 3 in the forum guidelines.

*3. Personal attacks (Flaming, Name Calling) on others will not be tolerated. We take politeness very seriously. *

And we would like to add that sarcastic comments towards other members will also not be tolerated. We don't believe in the concept of a "noob", or pointing it out to a new member/new X owner.

There is a current thread where members have been making suggestions here, Recent Site Changes - Please use for Suggestions / Issues... ,we do listen, so feel free to add your own. Also, feel free to message any staff member if you have any questions as to whether something is acceptable.

Again, please continue to help us keep DXF the great place to hang out that it is!
    Failure isn't falling down, failure is staying down.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 16.2%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    460 times
    OK, we do have over a hundred views, let's go for a thousand!

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 5.5%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Southwest Virginia, In the Boonies/Bible Belt/Coal Bucket
    Liked
    4 times
    Problem is most people only come here for Answers to the questions they have about their x. I've been registered for several months now and this is my first time in this particular section of the forum. But, having been a member of other similar linux forums, most all have the same rules. This is by far one of the friendliest and most helpful. Now on to my story in another thread

Agent X
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 2.7%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    A good thing to remember is that every one of us, at some point, was new to their android phone... Thusly, I'm sure we have all asked questions that someone thought was ridiculous.

Remember the "Golden Rule".

From Shuji on my DX
    collett likes this.
    Don't know what we are talking about? Check the Android Dictionary
    Think you know what to do? Look at THIS first.
    Root .602 & .605 info here.
    Need to SBF? Try this.

Agent X
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 1.6%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    As frustrating as it can be answering the same question over and over, I just think about my experience with those other forums, how they treated me back in the day, and I try to keep that from happening here.

I probably won't go into great detail the 100th time I see a repeat post, but I want to make sure everyone gets at least a chance at some help.

This forum is great for that, and I'm proud to be part of it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

X Pursuant Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I agree. We all were a "noobie" at sometime or another is our lives and should remember where we came from. If you don't want to go into detail, tell the op where or how to find the info they seek. It only takes a moment and those who don't know what other do really appreciate it.

My Droid Thrives on the DarkSlide!!!
    collett likes this.
    Sent from the pc, but the Droid still lives...........

Agent X
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 2.7%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fernbch View Post
    If you don't want to go into detail, tell the op where or how to find the info they seek. It only takes a moment and those who don't know what other do really appreciate it.

My Droid Thrives on the DarkSlide!!!
    I agree with this, to a certain point. I believe that the OP, or whoever is asking the question, should at the very least search the forums first. I know that this forums is not the most user friendly when it comes to the search function, but the answers to many of my questions have been found through a simple Google search. Often times it you type in a short summary of your question and include "droid x" in the search you will be linked to DXF anyway.

A word to current and future forum members: Help us help you... Search first, ask detailed questions and be sure to include all pertinent information in the OP.
    Don't know what we are talking about? Check the Android Dictionary
    Think you know what to do? Look at THIS first.
    Root .602 & .605 info here.
    Need to SBF? Try this.

Agent X
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 1.6%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fc127 View Post

A word to current and future forum members: Help us help you... Search first, ask detailed questions and be sure to include all pertinent information in the OP.
    +1 billion, the biggest head ache is when I don't get enough info. 80% of the time I know what the problem is anyways but the other 20% when I don't leads to more posts asking for details, more time involved on both ends. If the details were just listed in the first place, help can be rendered in minutes instead of hours.

It's wishful thinking lol.

I'll still do everything I can to help, I've even spent an hour on Skype walking a member through step by step. I only wish someone like me was there for me when I was learning. All my knowledge was learned the hard way. Reading, failing, reading, reading, google, reading, failing, reading, succeeding, reading, failing, reading, etc...

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    573 times
    I'll add that a good thread title that includes what the problem involves will aid in a faster response.

But the main point of this thread is civility. We pride ourselves (all members) on making this the most civil and friendly place for Dx/dx2 discussion. And it falls on all of us to keep it that way.

Thanks to all of you friendly folks!
    "FEZ aims to create a non-threatening world rich with ambiance,

a pleasant place to spend time in."

Technician X
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Thanks for the reminder STG. The reason I've stuck with this Forum for over a year has been the great group of core support people and other knowledgeable members who help non-IT people like me. As our population grows it is to be expected that there will be more conflict, so being reminded to keep things civil is a necessity.

Peace
    "Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads