All Members - please read and help!

This is a discussion on All Members - please read and help! within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I have to give rave reviews to this forum. I don't post here much, but I have spent plenty of time learning. I have posted, ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: All Members - please read and help!

X Lurker
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have to give rave reviews to this forum. I don't post here much, but I have spent plenty of time learning. I have posted, but then I learned that I just didn't look hard enough. No one said anything negative to me, mind you. I think the root of what I am getting at is that questions *do get answered* here.

What I would ask of the people with the deeper knowledge is to maintain your patience. Sometimes I know I just haven't done the *right* search yet or have misunderstood something about the way the phone ticks. When that happens, it's hard to even find the right path to a solution. For someone who may be nervous, that may mean posting without thinking things through... posting without reading the stickies and FAQ's... that kind of stuff.

Any kind of forum is intended to be dynamic. If *SEARCH* was the answer to everything, then the forum would be better replaced with a simple knowledge base. It's not a knowledge base, though. It's a community of users with all levels of expertise and ability.

On the flip-side of this coin... most things can already be found here that are of a technical nature. I read here all the time and find my solutions here all the time. That speaks well for the community. The knowledge is here, and the knowledge is shared freely.

Anyhow... back to lurking...

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Technician X
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 0.7%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    88 times
    In-general, I feel a forum is supposed to be a place where knowledge of the subject is shared amongst forum members with the overarching objective of advancing knowledge. Providing a home-base, so to speak, is an important function that supports that main objective. It consolidates knowledge. This forum certainly provides a home base for dx users. So to that end, dxf and the approach on which this thread focuses is a success.

My caution to new users is to please exercise patience both in hacking and in awaiting help. Dxf walks a fine line between being a knowledge forum and simply acting as customer service for vzw. Let's all remember these are real people with real lives who volunteer their time to help.

And to those that are doing the helping, this stuff is complicated. Keep having patience with the newer folks.

Keep up the good work folks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Agent X
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Quote Originally Posted by spodoc View Post
    My caution to new users is to please exercise patience both in hacking and in awaiting help. ... Let's all remember these are real people with real lives who volunteer their time to help.
    + 1

I'll readily admit to having crossed over to the darkerside once or twice and having a snarky reply deleted with a nice pm from a mod...

it is a struggle at times for me to not hit that 'submit' button (born button pusher), and it's usually the post from some one who just dashed blindly into the deeper waters that cause's my frustration to come out...

i am trying very hard to just let those posts go if i can't bring myself to overlook it, and i really appreciate the people who are able to display a level of patience that i do hope to be able achieve myself someday (likely much easier if I wasn't working with unknowing doe-eyed customers on a regular basis)

sometimes owls are big

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.2%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    460 times
    Bumped, with this note.
    We have a great community here, due to the great members we have, and no one knows that better than staff here, as we spend a lot of time reading everything.
    For those of you that have been on the receiving end of a courtesy PM from myself or any staff member, the PMs are truly a courtesy, we don't like to change anybody's post without a PM to them. Believe me, staff knows the good guys from the not-so good, and we understand that mistakes happen
    Thanks for being a part of our community
    -HD

RS Team Leader
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 840
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Member #
    Liked
    178 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HarleyDude View Post
    Bumped, with this note.
    We have a great community here, due to the great members we have, and no one knows that better than staff here, as we spend a lot of time reading everything.
    For those of you that have been on the receiving end of a courtesy PM from myself or any staff member, the PMs are truly a courtesy, we don't like to change anybody's post without a PM to them. Believe me, staff knows the good guys from the not-so good, and we understand that mistakes happen
    Thanks for being a part of our community
    -HD
    +1

on the move..

X Informant
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 1.8%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    im new to forums altogether...but im really likin it!!

RS Team Leader
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 840
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Member #
    Liked
    178 times
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonspell08 View Post
    im new to forums altogether...but im really likin it!!
    Welcome, we're glad you joined us! Get ready for an overload of knowledge and even more fun.

X Informant
    Overall activity: 1.8%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by popcenator View Post
    Welcome, we're glad you joined us! Get ready for an overload of knowledge and even more fun.
    omg!!....so i got my droid earlier this year. and i thought i was pretty good with it. but then i came to this site and realized just how inferior i am in this world!!!!!

i've been reading constantly on droid x forums and xda development!

im so excited....i wanna know everything!!!!!!!!

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    573 times
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonspell08 View Post
    omg!!....so i got my droid earlier this year. and i thought i was pretty good with it. but then i came to this site and realized just how inferior i am in this world!!!!!

i've been reading constantly on droid x forums and xda development!

im so excited....i wanna know everything!!!!!!!!
    Always feel free to ask what may seem to be an obvious or noob-ish question here. You won't get flamed like at some forums. That's why we love it here!
    "FEZ aims to create a non-threatening world rich with ambiance,

a pleasant place to spend time in."

X Informant
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    If you want to see how a forum looks and feels when Flaming, Insults and Worse are openly allowed and encouraged, you need go no further than the Hot Deals forum at Slickdeals.
    I stopped posting there FOREVER due to the flamers who make their mission in life verbally abusing others.
    Here you are treated politely and fairly!
    Last edited by fezrock; 09-14-2011 at 09:33 AM.
    For every referral who joins Dropbox, we'll give BOTH OF YOU a gift of 250 MB of bonus space (up to 8 GB)! Then you can get your own referrals, too!

http://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTExOTM2MjYzOQ

"Chance favors the prepared mind!"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads