Billing cycle

This is a discussion on Billing cycle within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Can anyone tell me how verizons billing cycles work. im trying to find it. but im not having any luck with google. so could someone ...

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Backnblack
  • 1 Post By Abe21599

Thread: Billing cycle

X Lurker Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Billing cycle

Can anyone tell me how verizons billing cycles work. im trying to find it. but im not having any luck with google. so could someone explain just how exactly verizon does there billing and what not. i dont wanna get the phone and use the crap out it and end up paying a HUGE bill because of prorated charge's or something like that.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    Mine is on the 8th of every month...

Mine is...Yours might be different.
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    459 times
    droid X is required to have a data plan (29.99/month). other than that, you can get texting or minutes based on what you require. you get so many allotted to you per month.

idk what youre asking - anything more specific? "use the crap out of it"? its unlimited data (if thats what ur referring to)

X Lurker Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Abe21599 View Post
    droid X is required to have a data plan (29.99/month). other than that, you can get texting or minutes based on what you require. you get so many allotted to you per month.

idk what youre asking - anything more specific? "use the crap out of it"? its unlimited data (if thats what ur referring to)
    Lol ill explain. Its been a while since i actually had a contract phone because my town gets really sucky reception for the most part. until recently the verizion signal was pretty amazing. but anyways, last time i had a contract phone (long time ago lol few years at least and throu a different company) say.. they had 4 billing cycles, the 7th, 14th, 21st, and 28th. if you activated the phone on say.. the 8th. after the first billing cycle has passed you have to pay the normal fees like say.. 1.99/mb of data usage. so if you used lets say 10mb's of data between the 8th and 14th you end up having to pay like 20 bucks + whatever portion of the bill they charge you for (basically 3/4ths of a normal months bill) when your billing cycle starts and what not. it was really odd.

so what im asking is, pretty much when the billing cycles start so i can activate the phone the day before so i dont end up having to pay a ton of prorated charge's for data, text, and everything. or does your particular billing cycle start the very same day you activate it. so if i activated it on the 14th would my billing cycle start the 14th of every month. or would they charge you prorated charges between when you activate and the start of the next billing cycle. i just dont want a completely masive bill. and im sorry if im confusing in the least. i've been up for quite some time and im kinda out of it.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Achievements:
    Three Friends500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    They won't charge per mb....they will take the $29 and prorate that amount over the days.
    They can tell you what your first bill will be.
    vengfulr3ap3r likes this.
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

X Lurker Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    They won't charge per mb....they will take the $29 and prorate that amount over the days.
    They can tell you what your first bill will be.
    ahhh alrighty, cool. thanks =]
    this is just my first dealings with verizon and i tend to research everything to death to know exactly what im getting my self into

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    459 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vengfulr3ap3r View Post
    ahhh alrighty, cool. thanks =]
    this is just my first dealings with verizon and i tend to research everything to death to know exactly what im getting my self into
    also, if you can prove verizon screwed up on their part, you can get out of the fees

say u did sign up for the data but it didnt activate on the acct right away. if you get charged, you can call and explain what happened and tehy would remove the charges

X Lurker Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Abe21599 View Post
    also, if you can prove verizon screwed up on their part, you can get out of the fees

say u did sign up for the data but it didnt activate on the acct right away. if you get charged, you can call and explain what happened and tehy would remove the charges
    ohh i didnt know that. thanks for the tip. any more tips when dealing with verizon? so i dont end up getting screwed over?

+ Reply to Thread

Ads