Who ever wins the most Dev votes wins an X, whos winning?

This is a discussion on Who ever wins the most Dev votes wins an X, whos winning? within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; my vote was for peter alfonso (same middle name lol), but i never did find out who won? i know petes been working on evo ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who ever wins the most Dev votes wins an X, whos winning?

X Conveyor Achievements:
    500 Experience PointsTagger Second Class250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times

Cool Who ever wins the most Dev votes wins an X, whos winning?

my vote was for peter alfonso (same middle name lol), but i never did find out who won? i know petes been working on evo roms, but he promised to bring over some goodness on the X. heres hoping pete won!

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Conveyor Achievements:
    Your first GroupThree Friends250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    97 times
    I am the one hosting it and right now Pete is still winning, but that being asked, it ends on the 13th. Forking out of pocket too, so I hope they choose the perfect developer.
    Follow me on TWITTER!

Please read this before you root your X!
    Feel free to thank me if you think I helped. (<<<The button is on this left)
    Check out my new BLOG!

X Lurker Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Paying 500+ dollars to give a phone to a dev/hacker that we don't even know if we can dev/hack it?

X Lurker Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mjones1052 View Post
    Paying 500+ dollars to give a phone to a dev/hacker that we don't even know if we can dev/hack it?
    My thoughts as well...so lets hope we can get what we want out of it..

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    139 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mjones1052 View Post
    Why does everyone focus so much on cost?
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

X Operative Achievements:
    Your first Group250 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassThree Friends100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    Why does everyone focus so much on cost?
    Probably because it's coming out of B16's pocket. Not coming out from ours but I'm sure the other people like me want to make sure his money isn't being thrown away if the bootloader's going to be hard to crack.

X Lurker Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by titans View Post
    Probably because it's coming out of B16's pocket. Not coming out from ours but I'm sure the other people like me want to make sure his money isn't being thrown away if the bootloader's going to be hard to crack.
    Exactly. Cracking the signed bootloader is something that has been in the works for a long time. And without doing it, Pete or any other dev couldn't even do what they are being "paid" to do with it. I'm just saying, I think it's a great way to bring the community together, but could turn out to be a big flop if it can't be cracked. Then again, it's not my money, just stating a fact.

X Lurker Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    That makes since,why get something for someone if thy my may not be capable of making custom Rom for it.

X Conveyor Achievements:
    Your first GroupThree Friends250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    97 times
    Its a kind gesture and it is seeming to be a big issue, obviously I don't want to throw my money away, but I stepped into it for the community. So that the fact that nobody has even offered to help with it, I guess it goes where it goes, either way the phone will be cracked one way or another, lets just hope it is soon.
    Follow me on TWITTER!

Please read this before you root your X!
    Feel free to thank me if you think I helped. (<<<The button is on this left)
    Check out my new BLOG!

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 145
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsThree FriendsCreated Album picturesYour first Group100 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Calendar Award
    Member #
    In a land with pretty pink elephants =) Oh wait.. do people see this?
    Liked
    25 times
    Well hopefully it ends up being worth it, I'm sure something will be figured out and it will be useful and good for the community

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads