Found the Sound on the DX

This is a discussion on Found the Sound on the DX within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; OK, I read the thread about the low volume of the X and I fully agree with it. However, I just got my music loaded ...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Found the Sound on the DX

X Informant
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Found the Sound on the DX

OK, I read the thread about the low volume of the X and I fully agree with it. However, I just got my music loaded and while checking out a few tunes I noticed that if I cupped my hand around the bottom of the phone it sounded louder and fuller. So I turned it over and Guess What? They have a second speaker on the bottom of the phone in the back. I am sure that I read about this in the last few days of web posts and User's Guide and everything else that I have been through.
    But the amazing thing is that the bottom/back B/B speaker is twice as loud as the one on the top of the screen side. Still won't blow you away with noise, but as I said 2x as loud. That will work if you turn the phone around and talk to the back side of the phone with it turned upside down!! HA!HA! I do actually have to hold it a few inches away from my ear with the volume turned on high and that considering that I have a 50dB hearing loss means that it is fairly loud from that B/B speaker.
    Check it out and let me know what you think? Do a couple of phone calls and turn the phone over and upside down to make the call.

Swiss

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    459 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiss View Post
    But the amazing thing is that the bottom/back B/B speaker is twice as loud as the one on the top of the screen side. Still won't blow you away with noise, but as I said 2x as loud. That will work if you turn the phone around and talk to the back side of the phone with it turned upside down!! HA!HA! I do actually have to hold it a few inches away from my ear with the volume turned on high and that considering that I have a 50dB hearing loss means that it is fairly loud from that B/B speaker.
    Check it out and let me know what you think? Do a couple of phone calls and turn the phone over and upside down to make the call.

Swiss
    music should not play out of the speaker on the front top - thats only for calls (and i think thats it)

i did make a call and turn it upside down and backwards - you can hear them but they cant hear you so no point for that

X Informant Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Droid x has 3 mics, one of which is directly below the speaker in the back.

+ Reply to Thread

Ads