How To Place Custom Icons On Your Droid X - Part 2 - Home Screen Icons

This is a discussion on How To Place Custom Icons On Your Droid X - Part 2 - Home Screen Icons within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Home Screen Icons You will need the "BetterCut" app (or something similar) to put custom icons on the Home Screen. You do not need to ...

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By Airmaxx23
  • 1 Post By Abe21599

Thread: How To Place Custom Icons On Your Droid X - Part 2 - Home Screen Icons

X Operative
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    45 times

How To Place Custom Icons On Your Droid X - Part 2 - Home Screen Icons

Home Screen Icons

You will need the "BetterCut" app (or something similar) to put custom icons on the Home Screen. You do not need to backup and move the icon pack to the "dcim" folder (Dock Icons - Section 1) to get them to work for the Home Screen but if you've already moved them you can do it either way. Section 1 will cover placing icons that have been moved to the "dcim" folder. Section 2 will cover placing icons from Icon Pack Apps that have been downloaded and installed through the Market. Once you have downloaded and installed "BetterCut" continue to the section you need.

Section 1.

1. Long press on the Home Screen, select "Shortcuts"(A), then "Better Cut"(B), then select "Activity"(C) (a complete list of available apps and functions).
    2. Scroll through the list until you find the app you would like to put on the Home Screen (I'll use "camera" as an example) and then press it(D). At this point you can change the name of the icon to whatever you would like by replacing the text that is in the box. Once you're done changing the name or leaving it stock press "Change Icon"(E), then "Pic Picture"(F).
    3. You should now be in the photo Gallery. Press "folders"(G) and then press your "ICONZ or Icons" folder(H), press on the icon that you would like to use(I), you will then be back to the screen where you can change the icon name and you should see the icon you selected next to the "change icon" text. Press "create"(J) and you're done. Press the "Home" button to return to the home screen to see your new icon(K). Repeat as needed.

Section 2. (Please note that there is no picture (H) used in this section)

1. Long press on the Home Screen, select "Shortcuts"(A), then "Better Cut"(B), then select "Activity"(C) (a complete list of available apps and functions).
    2. Scroll through the list until you find the app you would like to put on the Home Screen(I'll use "camera" as an example) and then press it(D). At this point you can change the name of the icon to whatever you would like by replacing the text that is in the box. Once you're done changing the name or leaving it stock press "Change Icon"(E), then "Pick from Icon Pack"(F).
    3. Next you will see your Icon Pack(s) listed, press on the icon pack you would like to use(G). Once the icon pack opens press on the icon that you would like to use(I), you will then be back to the screen where you can change the icon name and you should see the icon you selected next to the "change icon" text. Press "create"(J) and you're done. Press the "Home" button to return to the home screen to see your new icon(K). Repeat as needed.

lessax, Show, jstorm and 2 others like this.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi
    Thanks for the post but dont want to try til i see part one.
    Thanks
    Have a great new year!

X Lurker
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    hi I have the icons that I want to use and i get up to the part where it says change icon
    and then I press pick picture and it shows the gallery for a second and switches to better cut choose a shortcut type
    and then I have no idea what to do please help. Your instructions are clear cut its just i have no control when the screen changes
    please help thanks

X Lurker
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 0.7%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered31 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Part 3 - Changing Icons in the App Drawer

Can you do a part 3 that details changing icons in the app drawer/tray? I'm rooted and and have gone to systems > apps > and opened up the png icon files changing them with no success. Can anyone help?

+ Reply to Thread

Ads