Battery life sucks - issues with GB?

This is a discussion on Battery life sucks - issues with GB? within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I had the same problem. I went into accounts and deleted facebook, and all my email accounts like hotmail and yahoo. Then I added them ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battery life sucks - issues with GB?

X Lurker
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I had the same problem. I went into accounts and deleted facebook, and all my email accounts like hotmail and yahoo. Then I added them again and all was good.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    After consulting the Motorola site about this issue, I deleted and reconfigured my corporate sync email and it looks like it has been fixed...my battery has been off the charger since 5:30 am this morning (almost 4 hours now) and the battery level in Settings/About Phone/Status shows 90% still...

I will monitor this and let you know if things change.

Thanks for the help and ideas.

Nathan

X Operative
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 1.1%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    So based on the last couple of posts, it sounds like removing all sync accounts and then reinstalling them is the way to go?

X Lurker
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    So, a little more than 36 hours since I removed and reinstalled my corporate sync email, my battery is acting like it should.

I took it of the charger yesterday (Wednesday) at 5:30 am, used it periodically throughout the day (Word Feud, Words with Friends, Maps, email...) and when I went to bed at midnight, the charger indicated that it was at 60%...18 and a half hours later I still had more than half of my battery left. I was so excited...I will try leaving it off the charger tonight and see how long it goes until it dies...or I see the red light on the battery meter.

Speaking of battery meters, which is the best to monitor the % left more accurately? I don't like that the stock meter only goes in increments of 10%...until you are below 20%...

Thanks for all your help.

Nathan

I'm having the same issue with "com.motorola.service.main" taking up a large portion - 50%.

I removed my facebook and corporate accounts like you guys suggested but did not remove my gmail account because in order to do so, I have to restore to the factory settings (so my droid says). When I check on the battery usage, it's still showing that com.motorola.service.main is at 50% and the icon went from a backwards "D" (before I removed the accounts) to the old blue corporate email symbol. Did I do something wrong or are there any other suggestions?

UPDATE: It's now the day after and com.motorola.service.main no longer shows up on my battery usage list (I haven't set up my corporate account yet though). My battery is lasting longer than it EVER has. Thanks!!
    Last edited by Kdd119; 07-02-2011 at 08:48 AM.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Just happened to update my phone and while there some great improvements, there is a huge battery drain!

My wifi, bluetooth, gps are off. I don't have a corp acct to sync and my phone is NOT rooted. I usually play on my phone most of the day and had a great battery life. But since updating to GB, after using the phone (surfing, talking 45 min and playing solitaire, after3 hrs, battery is drained.

I just checked my battery stats: android OS is 75%!!!!!!!!!??????

I don't want to do a factory reset and cache clearing yet. Again, I only use, gmail and 1 yahoo email account. I don't have a corporate account to sync. I also don't have FB, Linkedin or twitter apps.

Please Help!

Thanks!
    Last edited by ojaireiki; 08-30-2011 at 03:52 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads