Will SBFing make a difference?

This is a discussion on Will SBFing make a difference? within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Originally Posted by macpro88 Haha, sorry about that. Are you installing the OTA or installing the rooted versions? If you install the rooted versions you ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Will SBFing make a difference?

X Operative
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Overall activity: 1.6%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by macpro88 View Post
    Haha, sorry about that. Are you installing the OTA or installing the rooted versions? If you install the rooted versions you install them in bootstrap.

If you are just installing the OTA by checking for updates and installing it that way, then I would do a factory reset in Froyo before hand, the update to GB via the OTA.
    I'm installing the rooted version. So no go with the factory reset if going the rooted direction?

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    320 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cclauss777 View Post
    I'm installing the rooted version. So no go with the factory reset if going the rooted direction?
    If you are installing the rooted version, you will be installing it in ClockWorkMODS Bootstrap Custom Recovery (The Droid X or Droid 2 Bootstrap Recovery apps). When you initially get into bootstrap to install the Gingerbread files, wipe data and cache, then install the files, after the files are done, before you leave bootstrap, wipe data/cache again, then reboot. When the phone comes back on, skip setup, turn the phone off, the boot into STOCK recovery and wipe data/cache again, reboot, then go ahead and set up the phone. If you get into a bootloop after installing Gingerbread, battery pull, boot stock recovery and wipe data/cache.

This has always worked for me when having issues with a ROM instal.
    cclauss777 likes this.

And always remember to read, read, read, and read some more!

Agent X
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    just remember.....you must WIPE....if you don't wipe correctly you will have streaks in your undies.....
    macpro88 likes this.
    I have done a lot of write up's....here's a link to some. If you would like help with your phone simply ask, PM me, or drop me an email and I will assist where I can.
    List of phones I can help with: Droid, Droid 2, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid 3, Droid Bionic.
    If you don't get response here try me on DroidForums, XDA, or Rootzwiki under the same name

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    320 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdslogic View Post
    just remember.....you must WIPE....if you don't wipe correctly you will have streaks in your undies.....

LMAO, streaks in your undies.... I can't remember how many face palms I've done because of this operator error.... lol WHY THE HELL AM I BOOTLOOPING?!?!?!?! O yeah.... damnit... lol

Agent X
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    I have another way of wording it but this is a family friendly site and saying "if you don't wipe you are going to still have (insert word here) on your phone".....might not be too family friendly.
    I have done a lot of write up's....here's a link to some. If you would like help with your phone simply ask, PM me, or drop me an email and I will assist where I can.
    List of phones I can help with: Droid, Droid 2, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid 3, Droid Bionic.
    If you don't get response here try me on DroidForums, XDA, or Rootzwiki under the same name

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    320 times
    I have another way of wording it but this is a family friendly site and saying "if you don't wipe you are going to still have (insert word here) on your phone".....might not be too family friendly.

haha, but we can all use our imaginations lol. And there are a lot of people here who can speak from experience I am sure.

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Overall activity: 10.5%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Can we say fecal matter?

X Operative
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Overall activity: 1.6%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by macpro88 View Post
    If you are installing the rooted version, you will be installing it in ClockWorkMODS Bootstrap Custom Recovery (The Droid X or Droid 2 Bootstrap Recovery apps). When you initially get into bootstrap to install the Gingerbread files, wipe data and cache, then install the files, after the files are done, before you leave bootstrap, wipe data/cache again, then reboot. When the phone comes back on, skip setup, turn the phone off, the boot into STOCK recovery and wipe data/cache again, reboot, then go ahead and set up the phone. If you get into a bootloop after installing Gingerbread, battery pull, boot stock recovery and wipe data/cache.

This has always worked for me when having issues with a ROM instal.
    Oh gravy! I'm at the point where to boot into stock recovery and wipe data. I can already tell that this is running smooth! But the problem I'm having is that I forgot how to get into stock recovery! I forgot the button combos! Silly me. Can you please tell me?

EDIT: Never mind, searched over at Android Forums and found that the Froyo buttons to get into stock recovery is different than GB. No wonder!
    Last edited by cclauss777; 06-06-2011 at 05:01 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads