Just loaded Drew Garen's Hateraid for .596..... Heres what I think.

This is a discussion on Just loaded Drew Garen's Hateraid for .596..... Heres what I think. within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; WOW..... Thats all I have to say. This rom is as smooth as I have ever seen, and FAST. I try roms all the time. ...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Just loaded Drew Garen's Hateraid for .596..... Heres what I think.

X Operative
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 3.8%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Thumbs up Just loaded Drew Garen's Hateraid for .596..... Heres what I think.

WOW..... Thats all I have to say. This rom is as smooth as I have ever seen, and FAST. I try roms all the time. Usually I try them, and if I like them, I may use it for a while and try something different. This rom on the other hand, I like so much I felt the need to make a thread about it. As I have mentioned before, I am a fan of Drew's work. I may just like this better than broodcomb. Very cool. As always, it is a simple look, with a smooth, finished feel. Just awesome.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Informant
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Overall activity: 0.8%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    got any screen shots, im running libertyv.7 and im new to roms and want to try different ones.
    Rooted GB running liberty v.7

X Operative
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Overall activity: 1.6%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I flashed his ROM yesterday and I don't think I was getting the most out of it. It was VERY laggy. Maybe because of the installation? I have a question about the installation of Drew's ROMs. It says on his site not to clear data/factory reset. Well, I did what it said to not wipe data and everything went well except for the lag. I was wondering, when you have a custom ROM already installed and want to flash another ROM like Liberty or Apex or even another one of Garen's ROMs, do I NOT clear date/factory reset? Or do I clear data/factory reset? I'm sorta confused. Feedback would be appreciated.

X Operative
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Overall activity: 1.6%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by l3ubbles View Post
    got any screen shots, im running libertyv.7 and im new to roms and want to try different ones.
    I created a thread for Garen's ROM and I have a screenshot with HaterAid installed.

.596 ROMs by Drew Garen?

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 1.2%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    i've only used liberty roms and garen's. liberty requires wipes,
    garen's do not.
    always follow the dev's instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by cclauss777 View Post
    I flashed his ROM yesterday and I don't think I was getting the most out of it. It was VERY laggy. Maybe because of the installation? I have a question about the installation of Drew's ROMs. It says on his site not to clear data/factory reset. Well, I did what it said to not wipe data and everything went well except for the lag. I was wondering, when you have a custom ROM already installed and want to flash another ROM like Liberty or Apex or even another one of Garen's ROMs, do I NOT clear date/factory reset? Or do I clear data/factory reset? I'm sorta confused. Feedback would be appreciated.
    running gingerbread 602 SBF

X Conveyor
    Overall activity: 3.2%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cclauss777 View Post
    The lag was most likely due to your wipe. With drew's roms, changing between his roms doesn't require wiping. Some other roms don't require wiping before installation but that is all found in the instructions. Sometimes you don't need to wipe and sometimes you do. I always try to do some research about the outcomes of other installation methods before installing any rom

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums
    griz.droidx likes this.

X Informant
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    If im going from a rom not made by drew to a DG rom I wipe data and cache then install with no problems. I just installed hateraid yesterday coming from broodcomb 4 and I did NOT wipe and im running very smooth, stable, and fast!

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I see what you guys are saying. OK, just so I get this down correctly. I'm running Liberty v2.0.1 on FROYO 2.3.340. I want to try Drew's LexLite3 for FROYO 2.3.340. Even though I'm still staying with 2.3.340, do I need to wipe from Liberty before putting on LexLite3? I've checked his website pretty thoroughly for instructions for something like this, and I didn't see any specifics. I'm assuming that I would need to wipe, but not wipe if I'm going from say, LexLite3 to Snowy Blur 1.5, still on 2.3.340. I hope this makes sense. By the way, I absolutely love Liberty, but I hear so many good things about Drew's work, I want to explore a little bit. Eventually I will jump to .596, but I want to mess around in 2.3.340 a little bit more.

X Conveyor
    Overall activity: 3.2%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Yea you got it right. Wipe between liberty and lexlite.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Thanks man....

I will definitely lexlite and the others a shot.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads