Warning: Mobile Device Protection Association (MDPA) is a Scam

This is a discussion on Warning: Mobile Device Protection Association (MDPA) is a Scam within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Any insurance company want's to collect the money but not pay claims. I had two claim's with them asurion and they send junk back out. ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Warning: Mobile Device Protection Association (MDPA) is a Scam

X Informant
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Any insurance company want's to collect the money but not pay claims. I had two claim's with them asurion and they send junk back out. Well you got to talk loud then you get what you want. Two new phones.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 8.3%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by myerscelille View Post
    I would call the company and ask to Speak with Larry Jordan, they can be reached at 1800-654-5590 he is the one that makes the decisons on whether or not to replace a customers cell phone.
    I would like to thank you for joining here just to post this information for me. I've tried to call and talk to Larry a couple of times now but he is never in, go figure.

After informing them last week that I had also turned them in to the BBB I get the normal canned message of this is will be sent to account manager blah blah blah... A week goes by and I haven't heard a thing out of them which I guess wasn't too surprising. So this morning I decided to log in to my account and ask hey what's up? I'm sure most of you can see what's coming next. Yup I can no longer log in to my account. When I click the lost log in help link and enter my phone number it pops up with "There were no records that matched the information you provided."

I be honest I'm surprised it took this long for them to lock me out of logging in.

THIS COMPANY SUCKS HARD!!!

fasthair

I agree that it looks like their customer service failed big time. And yet... if their policy states that it doesn't cover negligent loss, then it just doesn't cover it. Letting something fall out of your pocket can only be described as negligent.

I went and looked on their site and I only saw them talking about covering damage or theft... and neither of those things happened to you. I would think that if it was stolen, there would be a police report, and the codes on the phone could cause the phone to be recovered or unusable. However, if you just say you lost it.. no police report or anything.. then who's to say you didn't pawn it. Imagine if you owned this company and you were being scammed by people claiming to have lost their phone when in fact they simply sold it.

If you would have told them it was stolen and provided a police report, they probably would have covered it. Just my thoughts.

X Operative
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    ton i know you didn't join this forum just to tell him that. .. he said he had cargo pants on...those pockets have buttons to close them.
    Last edited by fezrock; 07-24-2011 at 02:29 AM.
    someone does not like my signatures, though Benin and satirical, so i just dont have one...
    Praise "Bob"

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    727 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jerofld View Post
    In the future, you can insure your phone through Asurion (or however it's spelled, it's VZW's official insurer) even if you buy the phone else where. The only caveat is that you have to do it within the first 30 days of purchase.
    Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can still get insurance after that first 30 days, but there's a waiting period before you're allowed to file claims. I know they used to have this policy and it was to keep people who didn't have insurance break/lose/damage their phones and then sign up for it and file a claim immediately.

Personally, I don't have the insurance on my phones because they told me $8 per phone, per month, so that's another $16 per month on top of the normal bill and that extra $16 isn't discountable.
    "I stopped reading dystopic novels a long time ago. If I want bleakness and despair, I can look at my checkbook." - Solomon Short

"Master of Puppets I'm pulling your strings / Twisting your mind, smashing your dreams
    Blinded by me, you can't see a thing / Just call my name, 'cause I'll hear you scream
    Master / Master
    " - Metallica

DX Forums "Guidelines of Conduct"

X Lurker
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    "hello {insert auto insurance company name here} uh, yes...i lost my Truck Downtown last night, on a hill, with no parking break engaged, while i was on a boozer binge?...er i mean out for a walk.....id like a new one please sir? no sir...i dont understand why you repeated it to others in your office and now you are all laughing hysterically....sir...i demand a new truck...its not my fault..."

ok...maybe this is harsh...maybe i just dont understand that the terms of your selected insurance plan allowed for the flat-out loss of a phone, and to be given a new one when demanded.... if this were the case, id have a new phone weekly after this lovely gingerbread update from chucking it across the street...i mean losing it.

BTW...i wear BDU pants all the time...the buttons are secure and function well , the front upper pockets are also deep enough that there is very little chance that my phone will fall out on the bike... but, i also wear a phone case that is almost 4 times the size of the phone when i go out on the bike (it is big enough to handle a pair of standard S&W handcuffs)

Quote Originally Posted by merovingian View Post
    ton i know you didn't join this forum just to tell him that. .. he said he had cargo pants on...those pockets have buttons to close them.
    Well, yeah I actually did! I was interested in the topic.

And for the record... I'm not recommending this company, especially if their customer service is really this poor. I'm simply pointing out that if it's a "scam" then, most, if not all insurance is also a scam. If a company doesn't cover something, it's either already in the contract that likely wasn't read before signing... or they're actually breaching their contract.

So is he going to sue for breach of contract, or is he just pissed that he didn't read the fine print before signing up! If it's the latter, than it's probably not a "scam," but instead just a stupid mistake.

X Operative
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 117
    Overall activity: 0.8%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It is a shame that reporting it to the BBB will do nothing, as they are also a sham. If a company has a bad rating all they have to do is pay the BBB for a 'membership' and their rating magically goes to A+, seeing that someone said they have a BBB logo on their site it looks like they have paid for their ratings already. Consumer Reports and other reputable companies have called the BBB a sham with many stories of proof.

BBB accused of giving higher scores to dues-paying businesses
    the link to the ABC story in the previous link is a good one also.
    OTA GB.

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 8.3%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Tony re-read my original post and tell me where my phone was NOT covered for being lost. I've even highlighted in bold where the word Lost is in deed in the terms. Furthermore they dragged this out for weeks when they were told up front that I lost the phone instead of saying tough luck pal not covered for being lost.

I've tried to call this clown in this thread many times and he is never "in." Of course they know my phone number now and I just get filtered out. Also, and trust me I'm surprised it took that long, I can no longer log into my account!

Please do me a favor and crawl back into your cube that this company has you stuck in and stop trolling the web to provide damage control for this company! This thread has been dead for over an month and you just happen to be "interested" in this subject and search out this thread?

Here let me Google that for you
    . What do you know this thread is even the 4th hit! Hummmm tell me how many of the hits from that search are glowing reports of happy customers from this dead beat company. Hell there is even an ex-employee in this thread saying this is SOP for this company!

Now please go away!!!

fasthair
    Last edited by fasthair; 07-25-2011 at 10:53 AM.

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Overall activity: 2.5%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Who needs insurance anyways? Like-new dx's are $125 now. Save ur money.

Gingercomb :: Liberty v9

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads