Wanting to factory reset, but what all will it erase and how can I save some stuff

This is a discussion on Wanting to factory reset, but what all will it erase and how can I save some stuff within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; One thing to note too is if you have a password/account manager. I was using Moola (lite) for my bank info and all the data ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wanting to factory reset, but what all will it erase and how can I save some stuff

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    One thing to note too is if you have a password/account manager. I was using Moola (lite) for my bank info and all the data is gone...it did not save to SD which is very poor. On the other hand, Pocket (a password manager) backs up to Dropbox so when I re-installed it, it found all my data perfectly.

I should have gone through all my apps that had data that could be important but unfortunately my phone was unresponsive after the GB OTA and I had no choice but to factory reset. I can say this, my phone is working fantastic now.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 0.8%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hear me now and believe me later.

On an unrooted phone, MyBackupPro WILL NOT save your game scores/progress at least on Angry Birds and Skies of Glory. Say Baabye.

(And that IS with backing up both Apps and Data. <Now, how in the hell your scores and progress don't fall under one of those two, I don't know.>)

I do believe there is a way to save them if you are rooted. I don't know what that is though.

Bruce in Ocala, FL0-waaaangh lost all my hard earned planes in SoG

X Lurker
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I think I need to do the factory reset in order to clear up some crazy stuff that has occurred since the OTA upgrade. My question is if I re-install the app Lookout after the reset it should transfer all the backed up stuff right back to the phone shouldn't it ?

You can recover lost files after droid phone factory reset, here's a step by step guide

how to recover data from android phone after factory reset

I was having success with this guide last time, it's easy to follow and works well for me. Hope that it helps you too.
    Last edited by desmond; 08-15-2013 at 10:52 PM.

Banned
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 212
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    I just back everything up to my laptops file manager (I use windows 8 which I actually love using), and then do the FDR. I have so much media files on my Droids (I have 4, only 3 are live ones, one is fake, and only my Razr Maxx HD is active), that I copy them to my laptop then burn cd/DVD 's in case something happens to my lappy

My fake OG RAZR is doing all the talking while Maxx Swypes

Banned
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Then after the FDR I copy everything back to my Droids. I have 5 or 6 sd cards. 2 36gb 3 16gig, and 1 8 gig. I buy them when I'm able to

Banned
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Remember that an FDR won't touch your sd card unless you tell it to. It won't clear the sd card if you go into stock recovery to do the FDR. To get into stock recovery, power off your X, or simply do a battery pull, then press home and hold and whilst holding home press power and only release power when Motorola M appears if you changed your boot logo it will be something different, but don't release home until you see Andy the green Droid with a yellow and black ! Icon with him, then press both volume buttons and highlight and select factory reset data wipe (something like that) then wait for it to be done and highlight and select reboot. Your X will walk you thru the process of setting everything up again. I always back up my contacts with both Google and VZW backup assistant to ensure I won't lose anyone's number. If you have Google back up your account your contacts should be there. But if you haven't your X will ask you if you want it backed up, tell it yes. All your Google play data, apps download history, Gmail, contacts, files on your Google account should be backed up. Saves time and energy because you don't have to input everything all over in case you have to do another FDR

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ads