Newb's read this....common misconceptions, errors, and commonly asked questions

This is a discussion on Newb's read this....common misconceptions, errors, and commonly asked questions within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Great write-up! Hopefully this will save a lot of new threads from starting....

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Newb's read this....common misconceptions, errors, and commonly asked questions

RS Team Leader
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Member #
    Liked
    179 times
    Great write-up! Hopefully this will save a lot of new threads from starting.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Agent X
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    all links have been placed in BOLD to stand out for ease of use.
    I have done a lot of write up's....here's a link to some. If you would like help with your phone simply ask, PM me, or drop me an email and I will assist where I can.
    List of phones I can help with: Droid, Droid 2, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid 3, Droid Bionic.
    If you don't get response here try me on DroidForums, XDA, or Rootzwiki under the same name

Agent X
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Quote Originally Posted by popcenator View Post
    Great write-up! Hopefully this will save a lot of new threads from starting.
    Thank you. That was the exact goal.....well.....that and I am tired of answering the same questions over and over.
    Moon Willow likes this.
    I have done a lot of write up's....here's a link to some. If you would like help with your phone simply ask, PM me, or drop me an email and I will assist where I can.
    List of phones I can help with: Droid, Droid 2, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid 3, Droid Bionic.
    If you don't get response here try me on DroidForums, XDA, or Rootzwiki under the same name

Supporting Member
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 900
    Overall activity: 0.9%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Member #
    Liked
    392 times
    Nerdslogic, nice write-up. I would change the info about Rom Manager to something like "While Rom Manager works well for many different phones (not just the D1), it does not with the X, and can cause various issues." or something to that effect...

For Titanium Backup, add something about only the paid Pro version allows a user to freeze apps, and to batch restore backups which is very handy...
    Where my time is spent away from the office!

Agent X
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeinrichmond View Post
    Nerdslogic, nice write-up. I would change the info about Rom Manager to something like "While Rom Manager works well for many different phones (not just the D1), it does not with the X, and can cause various issues." or something to that effect...

For Titanium Backup, add something about only the paid Pro version allows a user to freeze apps, and to batch restore backups which is very handy...
    done .

X Operative
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Your first Group250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Great write up!! I too share the hope that this will keep redundant threads from being opened but, alas, I can't state that I'm confident it will (just the nature of the beast).

I had a couple of things:

1. the difference between Deodexed, Odexed and stock and how to tell the difference!
    2. the definition of OP.

I don't know if it would be worth expanding your list of links to include a couple of the threads that have all the necessary SBF files available or including the link for 1kds's droid toolbox and the linux SBF method.

Again, great write up and thanks.
    First make a backup,
    THEN do no harm!

Agent X
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Definition of OP is original poster....meaning the person who started the thread. Sometimes it means original post....with same concept behind it.

someone just posted a link about that hold on.

the link to the SBF you speak of is in my signature. Click on "DX"...there is another write up on how to root, backup, flash rom, restore apps, and the link to sbf should you need it.

Agent X
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    459 times
    very nice work.

X Operative
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Not to be difficult, but saying no antivirus app is needed seems odd. Especially since new droiddream infected Apps were found in the market just a week ago. Or is that not considered a virus? Either way I don't plan on giving up my Lookout

sent from my rooted/ overclocked/ netflixed/ 596 X

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads