Can I use my OG Droid's battery in my Droid X?

This is a discussion on Can I use my OG Droid's battery in my Droid X? within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I had the OG Droid before my X, after having the phone for a year and encountering nothing but problems (like after 4 months, my ...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can I use my OG Droid's battery in my Droid X?

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Overall activity: 5.6%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times

Can I use my OG Droid's battery in my Droid X?

I had the OG Droid before my X, after having the phone for a year and encountering nothing but problems (like after 4 months, my completely stock, never even thought of doing anything to the software... if you even can with the OG...? phone going into boot loops and being told by the Verizon representative that it was all my fault until I told him I did research and found hundreds of people claiming to have the same problem and then witnessing a complete and total change in personality saying it was obviously a hardware issue that I had nothing to do with and that he has no problem giving me a brand new phone for absolutely no charge.) After 2 days of playing phone tag with VZW last month I got them to push forward my upgrade date and allow me to get the X. But I now have my OG Droid with a semi-dead screen just laying around. Anyways, back to the question... my OG Droid has a BP6X battery and my X has the stock BP5X battery. Is it possible to use my OG Droid's battery in my X, since it is a better battery... (I think)? I'm getting better when it comes to what you can and can't do in terms of software, but when it comes to hardware I am clueless when it comes to smartphones. So I just want to make sure that it is safe and won't do any harm to my X before I actually try it and damage my precious baby or set my house on fire. I was able to use the 16 gig SD Card from it to replace the 2 gig my X came with, which was great since my phone is also my iPod. But it would be nice to know that I always have a backup battery I can use in an emergency, like having a dead battery and needing to SBF... or if I were to go on a road trip like I am planning this Summer. If no one knows, it is not a big deal. I have no problem dishing out the money for either an extended battery or just an extra stock battery.

P.S Sorry about the ranting... I just really get frustrated when it comes to Verizon and their "Always blame the customer first" attitude.
    Last edited by Snipples007; 05-03-2011 at 05:39 AM.
    Running GingerSnips v. 007

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Technician X
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 421
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    142 times
    No you can't. The X uses the BH batteries, not the BP.

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Overall activity: 5.6%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Bummer. All good though. Thank you for the response. I'm glad I checked first.

Edit: I actually just looked at the two batteries and realized that they are not even close to the same size. Even if I had tried to swap them, it wouldn't have even come close to fitting. I'm so special.
    Last edited by Snipples007; 05-03-2011 at 06:36 AM.
    Running GingerSnips v. 007

+ Reply to Thread

Ads