Buyer's Remorse Options with Verizon?

This is a discussion on Buyer's Remorse Options with Verizon? within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; So with me being new to Verizon, I want to understand a bit better what my options are if I get the DX and have ...

Thread: Buyer's Remorse Options with Verizon?

X Pursuant Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesYour first Group100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    49 times

Buyer's Remorse Options with Verizon?

So with me being new to Verizon, I want to understand a bit better what my options are if I get the DX and have buyer's remorse for whatever reason. And let's face it, we all know that the Droid X is not for everyone.

First off, I know I have 30 days, but I want to understand that better. What happens if, 20 days into my DX contract, I decide that the phone simply is not for me. I can return it, but what then? Can I then get another phone and get another 30 days to play with it? And if I don't like it, do I get to rinse and repeat?

At this point, I'm convinced that I want to stick with Verizon. I'm also convinced that I'm going to be getting the DX on the 15th because I think it is what I want. But what if it's not but the Fascinate (Galaxy S) is? Or what if it's launch is just past my 30-day window, then what?

While I hope this isn't going to be me, we all know that this WILL happen and it will happen to more than just one person. So let's get some info out there for those people to use (including potentially myself)! And even if this isn't me, this is still good info to have about how Verizon works.
    Having SBF/RSD Lite issues? Make sure you have the right drivers installed! (32-bit or 64-bit)
    www.FreeMyMoto.com -- Android kexec project

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Conveyor Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    I did a 30day switch from my StormII to the Droid and I was told once I made the switch I was stuck with it. There was no going back or to another phone.

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.4%
    Achievements:
    Your first Group500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Member #
    Liked
    358 times
    I switched from an Eris to a Droid. Could have made another switch if I wanted to. They have the option of upping your 30 day trial anytime they want. My daughter got an LG enV Touch when we joined in December. Had nothing but problems with it. Went through three of them in three months. Finally the manager opened up her line for a 30 day return and we were able to switch phones with no problems.

X Operative Achievements:
    31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxidian View Post
    So with me being new to Verizon, I want to understand a bit better what my options are if I get the DX and have buyer's remorse for whatever reason. And let's face it, we all know that the Droid X is not for everyone.

First off, I know I have 30 days, but I want to understand that better. What happens if, 20 days into my DX contract, I decide that the phone simply is not for me. I can return it, but what then? Can I then get another phone and get another 30 days to play with it? And if I don't like it, do I get to rinse and repeat?

At this point, I'm convinced that I want to stick with Verizon. I'm also convinced that I'm going to be getting the DX on the 15th because I think it is what I want. But what if it's not but the Fascinate (Galaxy S) is? Or what if it's launch is just past my 30-day window, then what?

While I hope this isn't going to be me, we all know that this WILL happen and it will happen to more than just one person. So let's get some info out there for those people to use (including potentially myself)! And even if this isn't me, this is still good info to have about how Verizon works.
    Here is VZW return policy and its pretty much the same within the stores as it is online. FMMLF is correct you are only permitted to make one exchange.

Return Policy

Wireless Device/Accessory Return and Exchange Policy
    This policy applies to all new and Certified Pre-Owned wireless device and accessory purchases except Prepaid wireless devices, which are governed by the Verizon Wireless Prepaid Return Policy.
    We will gladly accept returns or make exchanges on all wireless devices and accessories purchased from Verizon Wireless within 30 days of purchase. The wireless device or accessory must be in the original box with all components, in like-new condition and accompanied by the original receipt. A restocking fee of $35 applies to all wireless device returns and to all wireless device exchanges (excluding Hawaii).
    Return and Service Termination

You may terminate service for any reason within 30 days of activation. If you purchased a wireless device from us at a promotional price at the time of activation, you must return that wireless device to avoid being assessed an Early Termination Fee of $175, or $350 if you purchased an Advanced Device. You will remain responsible for your Activation Fee unless you terminate service within three days of activation. You will also be responsible for all applicable usage fees, prorated access charges, taxes, surcharges or other charges that accrued to your account through the termination date. If you paid a security deposit, it may take between 30 and 60 days to process the return of your security deposit. The charges for any service used on the account before the service termination date may be applied against your security deposit.
    If you cancel your service after the 30?day period, but prior to the expiration of your minimum term, you will be responsible for the Activation Fee, all applicable usage fees, access charges, taxes, surcharges or other charges that accrued to your account through the termination date, including an Early Termination Fee.
    If you return your merchandise, even by mistake, more than 30 days after your purchase, you will not receive a refund and the merchandise you returned will not be returned to you.
    At our discretion, we may decline your return or charge you a fee for a missing item, or for items that we determine are damaged or require service. If you return and we accept your merchandise within the 30?day return period, we will refund your purchase price, subject to a $35 restocking fee for the return of all wireless devices (excluding Hawaii). If you return a wireless device without a UPC on the box, the amount of the refund will be reduced by the amount of any mail?in rebate that was available for the wireless device at the time of purchase. Purchases made by cash or check, credit card or gift card will be refunded by check, credit card or gift card, respectively.
    If you received your merchandise through a "Buy One, Get One Free" or similar offer, both items must be returned in order to receive a refund. If you received a discount on the purchase of any merchandise, the return of that merchandise will result in the forfeit of the discount, which may be deducted from any refund amount. For exchanges for the same merchandise make and model, only the item to be exchanged needs to be returned. A $35 restocking fee applies to the exchange of all wireless devices (excluding Hawaii).
    If Verizon Wireless must remove installed equipment from a vehicle or fixed location in order to return or exchange it, you will be charged a service fee.
    Opened software purchased separately may be exchanged only for the exact same item at a Verizon Wireless Communications Store and may not be returned for refund.
    Before returning or exchanging any wireless device or accessory that has data in its memory, please transfer all files you wish to retain to another file source. Once the wireless device or accessory is returned, your files cannot be recovered.
    Because the FCC requires that nearly all wireless devices on a carrier?s network have GPS capability, Verizon Wireless does not allow non?GPS wireless devices to be activated on our network. If you upgrade from a non?GPS?capable wireless device to a GPS?capable wireless device and then return it within the 30?day period, Verizon Wireless will not allow the older non?GPS?capable wireless device back on our network. We will, however, allow you to exchange your new wireless device for another GPS?capable wireless device that will meet your needs, subject to a $35 restocking fee.
    Exchange New Merchandise
    New and Certified Pre-Owned wireless devices and accessories may be exchanged within 30 days. You are permitted to make one exchange. A restocking fee of $35 applies to all wireless device exchanges (excluding Hawaii). To make an exchange, return the merchandise (including device, charger, battery, instructions, and any other components) in the ORIGINAL box. All merchandise must be in like?new condition and accompanied by the original receipt. Shipping charges may apply to exchange merchandise sent to you by Verizon Wireless.
    If you purchased your merchandise from the Verizon Wireless Online Store or over the phone from one of our Telemarketing or Customer Service Representatives, please contact the phone number on your customer receipt for additional details on completing your exchange.
    If you purchased your merchandise from a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, please contact the store for additional information on completing your exchange.
    If you purchased your merchandise from another retailer, the retailer's exchange policy applies.
    View Return/Exchange Procedures
    If you're having a problem with your wireless device, just contact Verizon Wireless toll?free at 1.866.406.5154 from a landline phone. We'll diagnose the issue with you right over the phone. If we cannot resolve the problem while you're on the line and the problem is caused by a manufacturing defect within the first year you own the wireless device, we'll send you a Certified Like?New Replacement (either a like unit or one of comparable quality) right to your door. Certified Like?New Replacements will carry the remaining warranty period from the original wireless device, or 90 days, whichever is greater.
    Wireless devices that are lost, stolen or subjected to neglect, misuse, liquid damage, unreasonable wear and tear and the like, are not eligible for return or exchange.
    You have 30 days from activation of a new or Certified Pre-Owned wireless device to enroll in Total Equipment Coverage, Wireless Phone Protection or Extended Warranty. Please see www.verizonwireless.com/equipmentprotection for details.
    These policies do not limit or supersede any existing manufacturer warranties. This program may be considered to be a "warranty" or "service contract" in certain states. In these states, please refer to the Extended Limited Warranty or Service Contract brochure for full details.

Here is the link for the source of this information. Return Policy - Verizon Wireless

Agent X
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 142
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesThree Friends100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Really, it depends on how nice the rep you talk to is!!!
    Droid Does!!!
    Droid X-Blackberry Curve- EnV2- Razr- some other random phones I cannot remember!

X Conveyor Achievements:
    Your first Group250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class100 Experience PointsThree Friends
    Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Quote Originally Posted by didiwags View Post
    Really, it depends on how nice the rep you talk to is!!!
    This pretty much sums it up. Some will charge the $30 restocking fee and some wont.

Remove Ads

Ads