Just to share my experience with VZW in store reps today

This is a discussion on Just to share my experience with VZW in store reps today within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; So I went in just asking about the X and Thursday's launch. I was greeted by about 5 reps right at the door, must be ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just to share my experience with VZW in store reps today

X Operative
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Just to share my experience with VZW in store reps today

So I went in just asking about the X and Thursday's launch.
    I was greeted by about 5 reps right at the door, must be a first.

I asked what the launch plans were, stock, etc.
    One of the reps said they're getting 40 units and they're opening an hour early at 9am.
    First come first served she said.

I asked if I had a better chance ordering it online, this is what was weird, she kept saying it would be better for me to come to the store. She kept skirting my question about getting it online. Weird. Do VZW reps get commission or something? She then said that if I do get it online and don't want it I'll be charged a restocking fee. WTH? I've always bought my phones online and never once was I ever charged a restocking fee.

Just goes to show the in store reps aren't always the most knowledgeable.
    Just thought I'd share...cool forum btw...hopefully this forum will have a less 'raging' audience than the 'other one'. I look forward to the X!

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Informant Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Yes VZW Sales Reps are paid commission.

X Operative Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    My buddy works at a VZW Store and I know they get commissions. I am pretty sure he said that for every phone they activate and get the activation fee they pretty much get most of the activation fee for each line as a "bonus".
    Always laugh. You never really know who is falling in love with your smile.

X Operative Achievements:
    31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by spyder560 View Post
    I asked if I had a better chance ordering it online, this is what was weird, she kept saying it would be better for me to come to the store. She kept skirting my question about getting it online. Weird. Do VZW reps get commission or something? She then said that if I do get it online and don't want it I'll be charged a restocking fee. WTH? I've always bought my phones online and never once was I ever charged a restocking fee.

Just goes to show the in store reps aren't always the most knowledgeable.
    Just thought I'd share...cool forum btw...hopefully this forum will have a less 'raging' audience than the 'other one'. I look forward to the X!
    Believe it or not but this sales person was telling the truth I believe that Verizon adopted this policy Feb 2009 but there is now a $35 restocking fee to return/exchange a phone online

X Conveyor Achievements:
    Your first Group250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class100 Experience PointsThree Friends
    Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    I believe most store reps are on Base pay plus commission though. I will know if my local store ever hires me lol.

Agent X
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 142
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesThree Friends100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Yep, they always want you to buy in store so they get commission!!!
    Droid Does!!!
    Droid X-Blackberry Curve- EnV2- Razr- some other random phones I cannot remember!

X Operative
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience PointsThree Friends100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Yes we have an hourly wage plus commission. And Verizon does have a 35$ restocking fee if the phone is returned with more then 30 min of usage or you've had it for more then 3 days.

X Operative
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience PointsThree Friends100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by didiwags View Post
    Yep, they always want you to buy in store so they get commission!!!
    Yes us making money is a huge motivation for us to keep customers in store. I mean after all we do make our living selling phones however its not our only motivation.

X Conveyor Achievements:
    Your first Group250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class100 Experience PointsThree Friends
    Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Yes we have an hourly wage plus commission. And Verizon does have a 35$ restocking fee if the phone is returned with more then 30 min of usage or you've had it for more then 3 days.
    Yeah i figured there was an hourly wage. I would never work for commission only lol.

The restocking fee is stupid IMHO but it is what it is.

X Informant Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Interesting, I walked into my local VZW store this past weekend, and started asking about the X. They said they were only getting 10 units in, and recommended I did not come wait in line, instead they took my information and said they will place an order for it on the 15th and have it shipped to me over night. Free delivery! The store I visited was in the Chicagoland area.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads