Amazon cloud player

This is a discussion on Amazon cloud player within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I thought this might interest some people. It appears amazon is offering cloud storage for our music. http://m.lifehacker.com//5786686/ama...ic-back-to-you Sent from my liberated DX...


Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Amazon cloud player

  1. #1
    X Operative
    Points: 1,764, Level: 24
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Musicman's Avatar
    Member #
    19665
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    228
    Liked
    5 times

    Amazon cloud player

    I thought this might interest some people. It appears amazon is offering cloud storage for our music.

    http://m.lifehacker.com//5786686/ama...ic-back-to-you

    Sent from my liberated DX

  2. Droid X Forums
    Ads


  3. #2
    Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member
    Points: 42,712, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    DebianDog's Avatar
    Member #
    6359
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    "The Sticks", Virginia
    Posts
    4,384
    Liked
    332 times
    LOL yep I just signed up the AM

  4. #3
    Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Points: 17,755, Level: 84
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Overall activity: 21.2%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsThree FriendsCreated Album pictures100 Experience Points7 days registered
    maybish's Avatar
    Member #
    20852
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    5,704
    Liked
    251 times
    Signed up this morning too

    *~~*Mays Droid X*~~*

  5. #4
    X Pursuant
    Points: 8,080, Level: 60
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Mike7143's Avatar
    Member #
    30987
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    904
    Liked
    18 times
    I signed up for cloud drive, uploaded some music files, updated my amazon mp3 app for cloud player but out says out can't see it... Do I have to buy a song to get access to my cloud through the app?

    Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

  6. #5
    X Pursuant
    Points: 3,746, Level: 38
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    xrazedx's Avatar
    Member #
    15299
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    875
    Liked
    24 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike7143 View Post
    I signed up for cloud drive, uploaded some music files, updated my amazon mp3 app for cloud player but out says out can't see it... Do I have to buy a song to get access to my cloud through the app?

    Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums
    Try playing the cloud player from the web and then try again from your phone. There is something you have to check off before it can be seen.

    Relentless
    Rooted Droid X
    Overclocked at 1.35 GHz

    A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    -Albert Einstein

    For anyone interested in undervolting, read Undervolting Guide.

  7. #6
    X Pursuant
    Points: 8,080, Level: 60
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Mike7143's Avatar
    Member #
    30987
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    904
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xrazedx View Post
    Try playing the cloud player from the web and then try again from your phone. There is something you have to check off before it can be seen.
    Relentless
    Thanks, it's working now. I went to the web player, had to check an agreement box and security phrase. Then I had to log out and then back in to my Amazon MP3 account on the Droid for it to work. Now I just need to do that cheap 20GB deal! As much as I dislike the Amazon bloat, this one actually is pretty neat. Google's music service will probably be nicer though, even if only because it will be better integrated into Android!

  8. #7
    X Operative
    Points: 3,833, Level: 39
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 117
    Overall activity: 0.8%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures7 days registered
    TruePCs's Avatar
    Member #
    23665
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    163
    Liked
    1 times
    Tried it but found Audio Galaxy worked better for my library of over 200 Gig. Streams from your desktop to any other device. Have the library stored on a separate system at home and can stream to any computer or phone I want, works great for me as I can stream to my phone in the truck on the way to work and steam to any of my work systems with out a hitch. Granted if the library is only on a dialup network then it would not work but works fine on uber slow DSL network that the library housed is on.
    OTA GB.

  9. #8
    Agent X
    Points: 5,992, Level: 50
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    JNEHAMA's Avatar
    Member #
    28370
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Long Island New York
    Posts
    1,205
    Liked
    65 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TruePCs View Post
    Tried it but found Audio Galaxy worked better for my library of over 200 Gig. Streams from your desktop to any other device. Have the library stored on a separate system at home and can stream to any computer or phone I want, works great for me as I can stream to my phone in the truck on the way to work and steam to any of my work systems with out a hitch. Granted if the library is only on a dialup network then it would not work but works fine on uber slow DSL network that the library housed is on.
    When you use audio galaxy do you have to leave your computer on? My husband wants to use it and all his music is on his laptop which is off when he travels to work so his music would be unavailable.


    Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

  10. #9
    X Operative
    Points: 3,833, Level: 39
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 117
    Overall activity: 0.8%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures7 days registered
    TruePCs's Avatar
    Member #
    23665
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    163
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JNEHAMA View Post
    When you use audio galaxy do you have to leave your computer on? My husband wants to use it and all his music is on his laptop which is off when he travels to work so his music would be unavailable.


    Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App
    Yes the computer has to be left on, my systems are always on during the day, I just shut the monitors off. Having 200 gig of music, uploading it to any service would take months on my DSL connection at home.
    OTA GB.

  11. #10
    Agent X
    Points: 5,992, Level: 50
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    JNEHAMA's Avatar
    Member #
    28370
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Long Island New York
    Posts
    1,205
    Liked
    65 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TruePCs View Post
    Yes the computer has to be left on, my systems are always on during the day, I just shut the monitors off. Having 200 gig of music, uploading it to any service would take months on my DSL connection at home.
    Yes my husband's not quite up to 200gig but working on ot. He's gone from @20 to 100gig in a year. So audiogalaxy is right up his alley. Thanks for the info. He could slowly move his stuff to the home pc and leave it on.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Remove Ads

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Cloud Print Beta
    By wicked in forum Droid X Apps
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-15-2011, 09:57 PM
  2. Google Cloud Print Video
    By B360155 in forum Droid X General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-16-2011, 06:58 PM
  3. Anyone using Google Cloud Print
    By BigDaddyNYY in forum Droid X General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-24-2011, 04:27 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2010, 08:56 AM
  5. Dropbox - cloud-based file sync
    By Jaxidian in forum Droid X Apps
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-06-2010, 07:25 PM

Search tags for this page

amazon cloud droid x

,
amazon cloud freezes android
,
amazon cloud player freeze when uploading
,

amazon cloud player freezes

,
amazon cloud player hangs
,
amazon cloud player upload froze
,

amazon mp3 uploader hangs

,
amazon uploader freezes
,

droid x cloud

,
how to use cloud on droid x
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.