automatic brightness

This is a discussion on automatic brightness within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I did a search for this and found one post about it. I want to know if anyone else has any luck with this. I ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: automatic brightness

X Informant Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

automatic brightness

I did a search for this and found one post about it. I want to know if anyone else has any luck with this.

I have my automatic brightness set on. I love that it bumps the brightness to max when I'm outside in the sun but inside under low light it does not go into the lowest brightness setting. When I'm in complete darkness it still has the brightness to a ridiculous bright level (it hurts my eyes if i stare at the screen to long).

I have the brightness level widget but it appears as though the system brightness overrides the brightness level set for the widget.

Anyone else notice this? Anyone else have a solution?

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Operative Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    If you have a brightness adjustment widget that revolves around you tapping the widget to adjust the brightness in incraments for example tap and it raises it 20% until it reaches 100% then starts the cycle at 20% again you'll have to turn off auto brightness. What happens is when you try to use the widget the phone is still programmed to auto adjust the brightness to what it feels it should be like in your particular environment.
    So in short

1.) Turn off auto brightness
    2.) use the widget to control the brightness from then on.

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorOta View Post
    1.) Turn off auto brightness
    2.) use the widget to control the brightness from then on.
    ^This is the way to do it.

While we're on this, can anyone recommend a widget that has a wide range? The two I tried only have three different levels of brightness and the auto-feature is far too bright and actually makes my eyes red w/i minutes.
    Last edited by BOWIE; 07-29-2010 at 10:01 PM.

3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Brightness adjuster or something really close to that name is the app that my friend and i use. It increases the phone by 20% incraments and the 20% is adequate for indoor use and it's what we usually keep it at. I'm sure there are others but that's the one we'd suggest as well as my friend who uses a D1. Like i said just turn the autobrightness off and use the widget for control
    BOWIE likes this.

X Pursuant
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Cool. Thanks. While searching it i found "Brightness Control", which has a pretty wide range. Funny enough, 10% is all I need indoors.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    No problem man. Glad i could help especially since it helps the battery quiet a bit and the fact that the screen can get so damn bright on the phone.

X Informant
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 1.8%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I just got use to my brightness being all the way off, automatic brightness seems to drain my battery because it keeps changing constantly with the light surroundings... inside or outside.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Ya i've found that the auto brightness setting actually keeps the screen too bright in my opinion most of the time which is horrible for the battery considering the fact that the screen is so large.

X Informant Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for the replies guys. Im going to continue using the auto brightness. The benefit of seeing the phone in the sun outweighs the blinding light in the dark.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Ya but with brightness adjustment widgets you can choose your setting with a single tap or a couple of tapps accordingly so you aren't completely killing your battery or dealing with absurd screen brightness.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads