"Please say a command...."

This is a discussion on "Please say a command...." within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Hello, I have had an ongoing issue with my Droid X and bluetooth headset. When I initiate voice command dialing, I get the typical "Please ...

Thread: "Please say a command...."

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

"Please say a command...."

Hello,

I have had an ongoing issue with my Droid X and bluetooth headset. When I initiate voice command dialing, I get the typical "Please say a command..." prompt. But the volume is very very low. And yes, I have my in-call volume all the way up on the phone itself, and I have the volume at max on the bluetooth headset as well. Once I get the call actually launched and the call is connected, I can hear the other person loud and clear. But it is just during the "Please say a command..." types of prompts that I can barely hear it. This is very odd and it occurs on my Plantronics headset and also a Motorola car speakerphone I have. Is this a problem with Android? Any one have similar issues?

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Agent X
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 138
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    i had that problem..but then i rooted and installed a custom rom (basically, a operating system for the phone) and now all is good. Could just be a problem on the stock rom.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnm View Post
    Hello,

I have had an ongoing issue with my Droid X and bluetooth headset. When I initiate voice command dialing, I get the typical "Please say a command..." prompt. But the volume is very very low. And yes, I have my in-call volume all the way up on the phone itself, and I have the volume at max on the bluetooth headset as well. Once I get the call actually launched and the call is connected, I can hear the other person loud and clear. But it is just during the "Please say a command..." types of prompts that I can barely hear it. This is very odd and it occurs on my Plantronics headset and also a Motorola car speakerphone I have. Is this a problem with Android? Any one have similar issues?

X Conveyor Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    i wish i could shut that dang thing off. i dont use and hate it.

is it possible ?

Agent X
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 138
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Shut what thing off? Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by plumcrazy View Post
    i wish i could shut that dang thing off. i dont use and hate it.

is it possible ?

LiBeRtY ONEPOINTFIVE

Agent X
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 173
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Yea with the newer google search the voice command should be removed I just hold the search key for 2 seconds and the globe search pops up

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin0308 View Post
    i had that problem..but then i rooted and installed a custom rom (basically, a operating system for the phone) and now all is good. Could just be a problem on the stock rom.
    Well, I didn't want to root. But I did some more research and found that a lot of other people have the same issue I have. One guy says he downloaded Volume Master Free from the Android Market, ran it and it solved his problem. I did the same thing and it worked! When you install it, scroll down to the bottom of the Volume Master screen, and you'll see a slider called "Voice Call Stream." Mine was set very low. I increased it to make it louder and now I can actually hear the voice prompts, as I am supposed to. Problem solved.

X Operative
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 1.3%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Are you using voice commands while the phone is in silent or "sound off" mode? When I've tried to use voice commands while the phone is silenced or in "sound off" mode, the volume of the voice commands program is very low.

HTH.

Well, I didn't want to root. But I did some more research and found that a lot of other people have the same issue I have. One guy says he downloaded Volume Master Free from the Android Market, ran it and it solved his problem. I did the same thing and it worked! When you install it, scroll down to the bottom of the Volume Master screen, and you'll see a slider called "Voice Call Stream." Mine was set very low. I increased it to make it louder and now I can actually hear the voice prompts, as I am supposed to. Problem solved.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mainly fixed my problem. Can here command prompts now. Still has some pop and hiss. When I first installed motospeak it did not do this was crysal clear on command prompts. Then out of blue started being almost inaudible. Uninstalled moto speak unpaired bt restarted phone repaired reinstalled still doing this. So I guess this is a sorta fix. Still like to know why it started acting up. Still not as good as when I first started using motospeak and finity headset.

Remove Ads

Ads