Calendar App

This is a discussion on Calendar App within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; The calendar app that comes pre-loaded on the X does not retain the color and look of the calendar app on other Droids. It is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calendar App

X Lurker Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Calendar App

The calendar app that comes pre-loaded on the X does not retain the color and look of the calendar app on other Droids. It is straight black and white. The older calendar app managed to reproduce the different color-coded calendars from Google Calendar. So you could look at a daily or weekly view and see clearly which of your calendars (public, private, shared...) your event is related to.

Any ideas how to get a calendar app that reproduces Google calendar accurately? I really like that function, and since the X syncs with Google, it ought to be straightforward, but none of the settings seem to change it.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.4%
    Achievements:
    Your first Group500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Member #
    Liked
    358 times
    Lots of people like Pure Grid calendar widget. Looks good and it syncs with the Google calendar too. It is a paid app though.

X Conveyor Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Garemlin View Post
    Lots of people like Pure Grid calendar widget. Looks good and it syncs with the Google calendar too. It is a paid app though.

Yep I will use pure grid on the X. Im not impressed with what Ive seen of the Blur widget in all the videos.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points1 year registered3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    CalWidget FREE and works good!

PERFECT!

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 71.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    885 times
    Jorte is a nice app/widget.

Sent from my Droid X
    Failure isn't falling down, failure is staying down.

X Conveyor Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Pure Grid Calendar gets the job done nicely for me.

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I just got my Droid X today and I've been spending all day playing with it and trying to get everything I want into it. So far I love it, but it looks like the built in calendar is kind of lacking.

I mainly just want to do two things with it. Be able to open it and see the month (make it look like a physical wall calendar would). It seems to be an option to change the view to that setting, but every time I go back in to the calendar app it's set back to the day view. And I'd like to be able to put in an event on a two week repeat cycle. Which doesn't seem to be an option in the repeat list. Are there any (preferably free, since it's not that important) apps that will do both these things?

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    885 times
    Jorte will do both of these...you can set the monthly view to be your default and then scroll between a weekly, biweekly agenda...you can also had an event biweekly. And yes it is free ...

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smalltowngirl13 View Post
    Jorte will do both of these...you can set the monthly view to be your default and then scroll between a weekly, biweekly agenda...you can also had an event biweekly. And yes it is free ...
    I just tried Jorte since it was mentioned earlier, and I did like the look of it but I didn't see how you could set up a biweekly event. Or any repeating event at all for that matter. I guess I'll take another look.

Edit: Maybe I'm just missing it. I go into Jorte and I see how I can change the look of it and everything, which is really nice. Then I click on a day and chose the New Event option, I can put in a title, when, where, stats and memo. I don't see any option for recurring events.
    Last edited by TheOmni; 08-25-2010 at 07:20 PM.

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    885 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOmni View Post
    I just tried Jorte since it was mentioned earlier, and I did like the look of it but I didn't see how you could set up a biweekly event. Or any repeating event at all for that matter. I guess I'll take another look.
    When you go to add your appt, click show detail & then repititon...see screenshot...

Sent from my Droid X

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads