Apps not showing in the Market

This is a discussion on Apps not showing in the Market within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Hello, I have had the DroidX for the past week now and I haven't been able to get all my app's to install. I have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apps not showing in the Market

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Apps not showing in the Market

Hello,
    I have had the DroidX for the past week now and I haven't been able to get all my app's to install.
    I have about 150 app's some paid and some freebies yet thre are about 11 app's that I have on my Droid, and Incredible that wont show up in the market.
    App's like:
    iTriage
    HistoryErase
    MyMemo
    Fandango
    PhoneLogger
    RadioTime
    SlingPlayer
    Mobile Defense
    More Icon Widgets (full version, free version does show in market)

No these are the app's that I have on my Droid so I figure there are others that probably aren't showing either.

I used a backup from MyBackup Pro from my Droid and was able to install and was above to use most of the app's list above, but they still aren't appearing in the market.
    And yes I tried to search the market.

Since most of my other app's are showing in the market I hesitate to think its going to change on the 15th for any reason.

I remember this happening a few months ago with a few HTC devices and with the 2.2 (root version).

Does anyone have any advice, other then to call Verizon who really doesn't have any direction to offer me, other then its a google issue.

Oh and I did already update to 1.13.604.MB810.Verizon.em.US

Thanks
    --
    JW
    It is the mark of an educated mind is to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    -- Aristotle

Support P.E.T.A. [PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS]

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Conveyor Achievements:
    Your first GroupThree Friends250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    97 times
    ooooooh slingplayer, ooooh, damn, contact them immediately. Can you see if you can install 3rd party apps while you are at it? Might help.
    Follow me on TWITTER!

Please read this before you root your X!
    Feel free to thank me if you think I helped. (<<<The button is on this left)
    Check out my new BLOG!

X Operative Achievements:
    Your first Group250 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassThree Friends100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Barcode Scanner.

X Pursuant Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesYour first Group100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    On your Droid, you said you updated to FroYo? If so, that could be why. The developers get to indicate what versions of Android their apps are compatible with (and therefore show up for). So if you have FroYo on your Droid and an app only supports FroYo, then you will see it for your Droid but not for your Droid X. However, once the Droid X gets updated in August, then you should see it again.
    Having SBF/RSD Lite issues? Make sure you have the right drivers installed! (32-bit or 64-bit)
    www.FreeMyMoto.com -- Android kexec project

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by B16 View Post
    ooooooh slingplayer, ooooh, damn, contact them immediately. Can you see if you can install 3rd party apps while you are at it? Might help.
    What do you mean?
    As for the slingplayer I installed the apk from my driod backup and it works just isn't showing up in the market.
    --
    JW
    It is the mark of an educated mind is to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    -- Aristotle

X Conveyor Achievements:
    Your first GroupThree Friends250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    97 times
    Then yeah you can install 3rd party if you push an apk to the phone.
    Follow me on TWITTER!

Please read this before you root your X!
    Feel free to thank me if you think I helped. (<<<The button is on this left)
    Check out my new BLOG!

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxidian View Post
    On your Droid, you said you updated to FroYo? If so, that could be why. The developers get to indicate what versions of Android their apps are compatible with (and therefore show up for). So if you have FroYo on your Droid and an app only supports FroYo, then you will see it for your Droid but not for your Droid X. However, once the Droid X gets updated in August, then you should see it again.
    Yeah I thought of that already but it works on my Incredible and I just un-rooted my droid to 2.01 then updated to 2.1 and the app's in question still work.

Also MyMemo, and More Icon Widgets, are pretty old app's that worked on 2.01, and 2.1 as well as 2.2.

Thanks
    --
    JW
    -- Aristotle

X Pursuant Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesYour first Group100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    Yeah I thought of that already but it works on my Incredible and I just un-rooted my droid to 2.01 then updated to 2.1 and the app's in question still work
    Hmm, then you got me. I know that Android version and carrier can be variables affecting this, but obviously your carrier hasn't changed. Sorry...
    Having SBF/RSD Lite issues? Make sure you have the right drivers installed! (32-bit or 64-bit)
    www.FreeMyMoto.com -- Android kexec project

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by titans View Post
    Barcode Scanner.
    Barcode scanner is good to go, actually the screen is more crisp and it picks up the code better.
    --
    JW
    -- Aristotle

X Operative Achievements:
    Your first Group250 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassThree Friends100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    I said Barcode Scanner so that you can use it to find the missing apps, lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads