printing on the droid x, to a usb printer

This is a discussion on printing on the droid x, to a usb printer within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; There is also an app called print bot that will print by wifi... or you could just email it to your self and print it ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: printing on the droid x, to a usb printer

Agent X
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 188
    Overall activity: 1.2%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    There is also an app called print bot that will print by wifi... or you could just email it to your self and print it that way.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums
    Sent from Mopar-x

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Installing CHROME on my PC and CLOUD on my Droid should enable me to print to my BT printer. Ok. I'll try it. But Droid direct to BT seems like it would be more efficient.

X Operative
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 117
    Overall activity: 0.8%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    +1 for Cloud Print
    Use it all the time.
    OTA GB.

X Lurker
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I use the HP print app works great over the wifi network. You can print any document on the phone including photos. You can print from drop ox or Googledocs.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rbyrne6722 View Post
    Installing CHROME on my PC and CLOUD on my Droid should enable me to print to my BT printer. Ok. I'll try it. But Droid direct to BT seems like it would be more efficient.

Don't know if this thread was ever solved, but here's my contribution. I got Cloud Print today & it's fantastic. You'll need Google Chrome on whatever computer you plan to print from.
    So far I've found that many things that can be printed so long as the two up arrows that appear in Gallery appear. Then scroll down to Downloaded Apps and from there choose Cloud Print. It takes about 10 seconds (on a Sunday afternoon) for the command to get to the computer from. What is Awesome is that if the printer is offline or off, your print will remain in a Que until the printer comes back online. Having a Google account, which we all do for gmail, and running Google Chrome is the only requirement. Not tested thoroughly to see the quality/font, but the one mock print I captured with CamScanner & I sent to Cloud Print came out in the "quality" it was photographed in by CamScanner.

Here's a few of the first FAQ's from Google,
    Google Cloud Print Help

What kind of printers can I print to using Google Cloud Print?
    - Google Cloud Print can print to Cloud Ready printers, which connect directly to the web and don’t require a PC to setup. Google Cloud Print can also connect to existing (classic) printers that are plugged into a Windows or Mac computer with Internet access, using the Google Cloud Print connector in Google Chrome.

- For the best Google Cloud Print experience, we recommend that you use a Cloud Ready printer. Cloud Ready printers connect directly to the web and don’t require a PC to setup: you can connect one to your Google Cloud Print account in seconds, and immediately start printing to it.

How do I connect my printer to Google Cloud Print?
    - To connect a Cloud Ready printer to Google Cloud Print, follow the instructions for connecting Cloud Ready printers.
    - To connect your classic printer, you will need to install Google Chrome on a Mac or Windows computer that is connected to your printer. Once installed, enable the Google Cloud Print connector in Google Chrome.

How do I print to my Google Cloud Printer printer?

- The steps you take to print will vary from application to application. Find applications that allow you to print to Google Cloud Print.
    - On Chromebooks, click the wrench and select Print to print the webpage you are viewing (you can also use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+P).

And to think I almost went with PrinterShare Premium 2 days ago when it was Amazon's app of the day (regular cost is $12.95)and their "basic" app which is free but you have limited amounts (I think 20 print commands) and then you have to buy more (choice of 100 or unlimited).

Cloud Print Rocks!

Last edited by Lane W; 09-20-2011 at 11:16 AM.
    Droid X2.....Eclipse .

BIG THANKS to SD_Shadow who has also helped me dig out of a hole

A BIG thank you to GoCliffGo who helped me get Eclipse on my X2

When someone shares something of value with you, from which you
    benefit, you have a moral obligation to share it with others...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads