Recent Site Changes - Please use for Suggestions / Issues...

This is a discussion on Recent Site Changes - Please use for Suggestions / Issues... within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Originally Posted by Nerdslogic I would like to be able to add more lines and links in my sig. I have a few more write ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Recent Site Changes - Please use for Suggestions / Issues...

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Member #
    Liked
    786 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdslogic View Post
    I would like to be able to add more lines and links in my sig. I have a few more write up's that I would like to link to for quick access for others.
    There's a limit so that signatures don't turn into giant billboards. 5 links is more than enough IMO. Threads with important information are stickied in appropriate sections for quick locating.
    I would like to see a general "applications" forum and stuff like that as not all posts are device specific.
    We have the general discussion section as well as an apps section for any info that overlaps.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaution View Post
    But then again I think this board is designed by vbulliten and there for can't be modified due to copy right reasons. I used to run a forum that was open source made by simple machines. Atleast with that type of script you could modify it with out worry
    I believe it can be added in vB but it might be difficult on such an established and large site as DXF. At that, most threads stay alive even after the OP's question has been answered because others might have similar issues, but might require a different answer or additional troubleshooting.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Agent X
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid-Xer View Post
    There's a limit so that signatures don't turn into giant billboards. 5 links is more than enough IMO. Threads with important information are stickied in appropriate sections for quick locating. We have the general discussion section as well as an apps section for any info that overlaps. I believe it can be added in vB but it might be difficult on such an established and large site as DXF. At that, most threads stay alive even after the OP's question has been answered because others might have similar issues, but might require a different answer or additional troubleshooting.
    But our "General Discussion" is "Droid X Discussion" I think it implies that this is specific to the X and not the X2.....I am also thinking that since this is Droid X forums that it could just be called "General Discussion" to eliminate any confusion.

Just a thought.....either way I love this site.
    I have done a lot of write up's....here's a link to some. If you would like help with your phone simply ask, PM me, or drop me an email and I will assist where I can.
    List of phones I can help with: Droid, Droid 2, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid 3, Droid Bionic.
    If you don't get response here try me on DroidForums, XDA, or Rootzwiki under the same name

Agent X
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    lol....I just edited my sig.....in reading my post I realized I had 6 lines. Is there a way to actually restrict it to 5?
    I have done a lot of write up's....here's a link to some. If you would like help with your phone simply ask, PM me, or drop me an email and I will assist where I can.
    List of phones I can help with: Droid, Droid 2, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid 3, Droid Bionic.
    If you don't get response here try me on DroidForums, XDA, or Rootzwiki under the same name

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Member #
    Liked
    786 times
    There's a Max size/character limit in place. If you haven't hit that then you're fine. But sigs that are too large will be edited.

Agent X
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    So......I could have left my 6th line?

Supporting Member
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 900
    Overall activity: 0.9%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Member #
    Liked
    392 times
    So......I could have left my 6th line?
    Nerd, you posted a thread with your guides in it. Why not keep your sig look uncluttered and just post a link to that thread? Everything you are linking to in your sig can be found there anyway...
    Droid-Xer likes this.
    Where my time is spent away from the office!

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Member #
    Liked
    786 times
    I would like to be able to add more lines and links in my sig. I have a few more write up's that I would like to link to for quick access for others.
    I would like to see a general "applications" forum and stuff like that as not all posts are device specific.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaution View Post
    But then again I think this board is designed by vbulliten and there for can't be modified due to copy right reasons. I used to run a forum that was open source made by simple machines. Atleast with that type of script you could modify it with out worry
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeinrichmond View Post
    Nerd, you posted a thread with your guides in it. Why not keep your sig look uncluttered and just post a link to that thread? Everything you are linking to in your sig can be found there anyway...
    This is true.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 275
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Hey, everybody. I'm curious as to whether anyone has looked into the picture upload issue in the anniversary contest thread (some sort of security block??). I know myself and the Persuader had the issue and have since seen a couple more postings asking about it. Just wondering.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Advocate X Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    66 times
    Good Evening Mugz...

Need your help...Could you please delete a Thread I Started...Its located in General Dicussions...Started by The Persuader...

Deleted what I could but cant seem to delete the rest

Thank you my Friend...

Its Bubba
    Chow
    Quote Originally Posted by mugz91 View Post
    Hey, everybody. I'm curious as to whether anyone has looked into the picture upload issue in the anniversary contest thread (some sort of security block??). I know myself and the Persuader had the issue and have since seen a couple more postings asking about it. Just wondering.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums
    It's Going Along for the Ride...

"Stubborn In You're Bones"

X Lurker
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points1 year registered3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    This text is worth everyone’s attention. How can I find out more?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Remove Ads

Ads