Recent Site Changes - Please use for Suggestions / Issues...

This is a discussion on Recent Site Changes - Please use for Suggestions / Issues... within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Could we get a NON-ROOT thread for general questions or such. I see people ask questions and it always seems to end up as a ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Recent Site Changes - Please use for Suggestions / Issues...

X Lurker
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Could we get a NON-ROOT thread for general questions or such. I see people ask questions and it always seems to end up as a discussion on what to do if you are rooted and what tools you use. Some people don't WANT to root their phone, but still want to get their questions answered or want to find help for a problem only to find out the answers are for rooted phones only.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Operative
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 0.9%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Ok it's probably been said but I checked and didn't see it.. How about like XdA has where people can kick members a few bucks for the help cause I have to admit the people on this forum are awesome there are some kick bu#% people that know there stu*# and they always helping it would be nice to throw them a few bucks now and then.
    Last edited by HarleyDude; 06-25-2011 at 10:22 PM.
    DROID X ROOTED AND RUNNING LIBERTY 2.0.1 ROM

Conquerors never, never conquer a nation to bring freedom. They brought control.

X Conveyor
    Theme Developer
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points7 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    add the ability to let bignasty be the best member ever

NASTIEST CREW. KEEPIN IT 100

Banned Achievements:
    100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    A great site and group of people! Things seem to get solved quickly! I had an idea though and I'm not sure if it would work but thiught it would make the entire forum more efficient. Is there someway that when some asks for help in any given area of the forum and the the problem is 100% solved that the thread could be labeled as such ? That way Those of us who want to help and lead busy lives don't have to read a dozen threads only to find the problem was solved. It would appear it would make things run more effecient in getting unanswered questions answered more quiclky

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 64.5%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    573 times
    I have seen that at some of the linux forums, people change the name of the thread to [Solved] Audio Drivers for example. We can't change simply change the titles of threads here because the thread name is in the url and if you change the title it breaks all links to that thread. The OP could edit the OP and put solved as the first word then you would see solved as you scrolled over the thread link.

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.2%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    460 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cananot View Post
    Ok it's probably been said but I checked and didn't see it.. How about like XdA has where people can kick members a few bucks for the help cause I have to admit the people on this forum are awesome there are some kick bu#% people that know there stu*# and they always helping it would be nice to throw them a few bucks now and then.
    Sorry you didn't find it, search function could probably be better. One of the guidelines prohibits any financial gains of any type to any one, via our site. The Rescue Staff do a great job of helping, but they do it because they want to, not for the pay (or lack thereof).
    They do love to get you fixed up and hear an appraciative thanks, or maybe click on their "like post" button a little more

This may have been what you were looking for
    Why we dont take money or get paid: THIS IS WHO WE ARE

Agent X
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    I would like to be able to add more lines and links in my sig. I have a few more write up's that I would like to link to for quick access for others.
    I have done a lot of write up's....here's a link to some. If you would like help with your phone simply ask, PM me, or drop me an email and I will assist where I can.
    List of phones I can help with: Droid, Droid 2, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid 3, Droid Bionic.
    If you don't get response here try me on DroidForums, XDA, or Rootzwiki under the same name

Banned Achievements:
    100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    !KDS, I have seen a site do it with out breaking the "url"

Agent X
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    I would like to see a general "applications" forum and stuff like that as not all posts are device specific.
    I have done a lot of write up's....here's a link to some. If you would like help with your phone simply ask, PM me, or drop me an email and I will assist where I can.
    List of phones I can help with: Droid, Droid 2, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid 3, Droid Bionic.
    If you don't get response here try me on DroidForums, XDA, or Rootzwiki under the same name

Banned Achievements:
    100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    But then again I think this board is designed by vbulliten and there for can't be modified due to copy right reasons. I used to run a forum that was open source made by simple machines. Atleast with that type of script you could modify it with out worry

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads