Buyer Beware Walmart cell phones

This is a discussion on Buyer Beware Walmart cell phones within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; DONT EVER BUY A PHONE FROM WALMART!. I bought from walmart and verizon wont exchange nor service it they said I have to go back ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Buyer Beware Walmart cell phones

X Lurker
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Buyer Beware Walmart cell phones

DONT EVER BUY A PHONE FROM WALMART!. I bought from walmart and verizon wont exchange nor service it they said I have to go back to walmart for the exchange they also stated that all the phones from walmart are black flagged by verizon corporate by the ESN and would not go into any other information than that. So I am refunding tomorrow and spending the extra money at the verizon store. By the way having problems with the phone and learned this tonight at the verizon store. Knowing walmart they are probably buying these as refurbed units or they are built for walmart at a Lower standard.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Overall activity: 1.2%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    if u buy any vzw phone from a non- corporate store (aka authorized dealers) u not only get ripped off but they jus dnt care if anything happens. they jus want to sell u the product to make the commission. corp vzw then get stuck w the nonsense n it makes it difficult for them to do returns n such. I wud highly recommend if u want to purchase anything from vzw pls go to their corp store n not an authorized dealer. the corp store will def take good care of u.. take care

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

X Lurker
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The rep you spoke too is wrong. As a person on the other side of the fence (I work at Wallyworld - in electronics,) I've sent more than one person to a Verizion store for their phone to be looked at, and spoken to them after they went and had their phones fixed.

And no, our phones arent 'lower standard' - I have an X that was purchased there and I get better battery life than most people I read about on these forums.

I would recommend speaking to that reps manager.

Either

A) He's an idiot.
    B) He's lazy and didn't feel like dealing with you.
    C) He works at the most misinformed, ill-trained Verizion store I've ever heard of.
    D) All of the above.

Guess which letter I'm betting on?

Either way, sorry to hear you had problems with your X, and with the rep.

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks for your reply, The problem was is that I bought a samsung fascinate and it was a total piece of crap I hatted it with all the boatware on it and it was stuck on 2.1 forever. So I returned it for the droid x and the rep ( at walmart) acted as if I was wasting his time as he had so much to do and after I got the phone he told me not to bother coming back if there is a problem because they wont take care of it. So now I have a problem and I guess I am going to go the store manager now or call walmart corporate.

Answer D

Agent X
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 162
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    You may be a very nice verizon rep, but everyone I know who bought their phone at a 3rd party retailer (best buy, walmart, circuit city back when that was a thing) had to have their phones serviced there...
    Troubles installing OTA 2.3.340 Update? Click Here

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I got nervous when I read this title because I bought my phone from Wally World on Black Friday. However I took it in to Verizon a few days later because I was having trouble downloading attachments via text messages and connecting to a WPA encrypted network. The service rep at Verizon was more than helpful (even though we never solved the WPA issue) even though I told him I bought it at Walmart a few days ago.

However the lady at Walmart said I have a week to exchange the phone if there's anything wrong and after I week I'd have to go to Verizon and the Verizon rep confirmed that. BTW a refurb unit has to say refurb (otherwise the store could face legal action)
    Last edited by bluewaffles; 12-02-2010 at 04:53 PM.

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyjackpot View Post
    You may be a very nice verizon rep, but everyone I know who bought their phone at a 3rd party retailer (best buy, walmart, circuit city back when that was a thing) had to have their phones serviced there...
    awwh how sweet.. unfortunately I am not.. lol. jus sharing my headache of wat I wen thru wen I bought a mifi at an authorized dealer from the mall n the burden myself n corp had to go thru. they explained to me the situation w authorized dealers n by chance 3 others like myself were n for the same reason. I try to help ppl avoid situations like my experience n tell ppl to pls ask if they r an authorized dealer or not. I kno that there r good reps out there that do care n invest their time but to save u the time n wat not I recommend going to a corp dealer

X Conveyor
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewaffles View Post
    I got nervous when I read this title because I bought my phone from Wally World on Black Friday. However I took it in to Verizon a few days later because I was having trouble downloading attachments via text messages and connecting to a WPA encrypted network. The service rep at Verizon was more than helpful (even though we never solved the WPA issue) even though I told him I bought it at Walmart a few days ago.

However the lady at Walmart said I have a week to exchange the phone if there's anything wrong and after I week I'd have to go to Verizon and the Verizon rep confirmed that. BTW a refurb unit has to say refurb (otherwise the store could face legal action)
    yes, u r correct n u also have a 30 day grace period.. con: u will be charge for wat u used.. pro: u wnt be locked into a 1-2yr contract

X Lurker
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I took the phone back to walmart and got a full refund and went right over to the verizon store and bought a new one with a 1 year contract ( SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY AND SIGN THE 1 YEAR CONTRACT ). I talked to one of the employees there and he made a good point. He said The reason verizon doesnt like walmart is because Walmart acquires the phone from a wholesaler and sells them the phone less the rebate ( that 80% of people dont send in anyway) so Verizon doesnt want to give out one of their phones that they could make more money on the sale. The aggravation and the possible fear that the phone is crap is not worth the extra money I had to spend.

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 0.6%
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I only buy new phones from Verizon through either telesales or in a corporate store.
    While you can argue that resellers add value for some based on location and accessibility, I'm not one of those.
    The only place I would buy a phone other than directly from Verizon would be CostCo.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads