Do not use the app "Applanet"!!!!

This is a discussion on Do not use the app "Applanet"!!!! within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; You might think of it as a rip-off. It says that you can install the latest apps for just the cost of the app itself. ...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Do not use the app "Applanet"!!!!

Agent X
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 161
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures100 Experience PointsThree FriendsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times

Exclamation Do not use the app "Applanet"!!!!

You might think of it as a rip-off. It says that you can install the latest apps for just the cost of the app itself. But, really, it's a bunch of older versions of apps, and has no support for the dev's of the apps themselves that ARE paid.

In other words, they have a data base of a bunch of old apps, both viruses and ones that Google has removed from the market for various reasons, and slows down your phone.

It has no connection with Google themselves as far as the apps go, and you can probably be sure that it will screw up your phone. I installed it because I was like "Cool. Only a few bucks, and then I can download apps from the market, sorta like a Zune pass or Netflix account or something!"

NO! It is no where close. DO NOT DOWNLOAD UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES! If you MUST have an app but can't afford it, try contacting the dev of that app and see what you can work out. This app is a rip-off and has no support for the devs of the respective apps contained, it slows down your phone, and contains a plethora of malware ridden and banned apps.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
    gtriever likes this.
    The Droid was BORN great

"Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them..." -William Shakespeare

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Overall activity: 1.3%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    I looked it up and it looks like its free? Anyways I wouldn't use this because it looks like an app that encourages pirating.

Agent X
    Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures100 Experience PointsThree FriendsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    That, and it's not what it's lead to be. I was thinking it was like a one-time-fee subscriber purchase, and then you could download the apps, and maybe advertisements or something will pay the devs. But that is not the case.

I emailed Google about it earlier today, and just did a search and couldn't find it again. So maybe they removed it. When I got it, though, it was $4.99. Luckily, however, I got a refund.
    The Droid was BORN great

"Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them..." -William Shakespeare

X Operative Achievements:
    31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Not to be a nag or anything ... but you should possibly take your own advice. You said in a previous thread you started that people don't look around to see if something is posted already, and you must not follow that rule either, becuase there is already a thread with "zero" posts in it, besides the OP's initial post; and its a sticky too LOL ... just pointing out the obvious... here's the link

A word about Applanet.....
    hollywood likes this.

Agent X
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dplsc01 View Post
    Not to be a nag or anything ... but you should possibly take your own advice. You said in a previous thread you started that people don't look around to see if something is posted already, and you must not follow that rule either, becuase there is already a thread with "zero" posts in it, besides the OP's initial post; and its a sticky too LOL ... just pointing out the obvious... here's the link

A word about Applanet.....
    Ah! Thanks. Didn't see it there. Lol.

I didn't even search for the subject anywho, as I wanted to get it out there ASAP. It would have been nice to read that before I downloaded it too...

Mods: let the two theads UNITE!!!!!
    The Droid was BORN great

31 days registered250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    LOL.. No harm done .. I just found this duplicate post amusing after your PSA in off topics. LMAO

Agent X
    Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Lol. I do see the irony in it... I have asked BnB to merge the two topics so that there isn't a duplicate post.
    The Droid was BORN great

500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Thanks for the heads up! Glad you got a refund! Google needs to at least lightly monitor what's being put in the market!

"Time is what prevents everything from happening at once."
    -Albert Einstein

Thanks for the heads up. But I in Gibraltar which is a British territory on the tip of Spain. So my credit cards accounts and other financial data is with major UK banks NatWest Visa etc. So I bought a nice HTC Desire HD and what do I find Gibraltar which is in Europe and has a better credit financial rating than most Western European nations is not allowed to have paid apps from Google Appmarket. So what do I do now? I cannot purhase so apps and I am limited either to lite versions or some crappy free apps. Does anyone know if Google will be extending the Appmarket

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.9%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    884 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sahrajan View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. But I in Gibraltar which is a British territory on the tip of Spain. So my credit cards accounts and other financial data is with major UK banks NatWest Visa etc. So I bought a nice HTC Desire HD and what do I find Gibraltar which is in Europe and has a better credit financial rating than most Western European nations is not allowed to have paid apps from Google Appmarket. So what do I do now? I cannot purhase so apps and I am limited either to lite versions or some crappy free apps. Does anyone know if Google will be extending the Appmarket
    There are a couple of other options that offer paid apps legitimately....AndroidZoom.com, appbrain.com, slideme.org & handango now has an Android app section - maybe one of those will be of benefit to you...

Also, this is a Droid X specific forum, you might check out www.android.net for an all encompassing Android forum.

Failure isn't falling down, failure is staying down.

Guidelines of Conduct for DroidXForums.com

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads