best sync software for Mac and droid x

This is a discussion on best sync software for Mac and droid x within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I have ordered the droid x and it will be my first smart phone! i have been reading a lot on how to do things ...

Thread: best sync software for Mac and droid x

best sync software for Mac and droid x

I have ordered the droid x and it will be my first smart phone! i have been reading a lot on how to do things when it comes but i just can't figure out what syncing software will be best for me using a macbook. I already have my address book on the mac syncing to gmail so i guess all i really need is to sync itunes to the droid x and maybe pictures as well. Thanks for any help!

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    MissingSync from MarkSpace.com

It's not free but it works very well to sync iTunes, iCal, and Address Book. Has proximity sync which syncs over WiFi or bluetooth whenever the Droid is in range of the home computer (you can set the time) Media sync is via USB (movies, music, etc) However, you have to use their calendar called Fliq Calendar which is a free app. There is software to download to the MAC for syncing and that's what you have to pay for. I had a few issues getting the calendar to sync because I had some duplicate calendar names and it doesn't allow that. That was, however, easy enough to fix

X Lurker Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I had a terrible experience years ago with "Missing Sync" using it first for the Treo and then the Blackberry before Blackberry desktop manager for Mac became available.
    I ended up with duplicate and triplicate entries, lost contacts, etc. Their tech support was no existent. My question is is they have gotten better and if the missing sync actually works the way they say it does with the droid? I hate to give them another $40 of my money for the garbage they used to sell, with no trials and no returns.

X Lurker Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    SyncMate! It's free. It's easy. It works. MarcSpace "missing sync" cost $40 and I would stay away from them. I have had bad experience in the past.

1/12/11
    Syncmate now sucks. They fixed it until it is broken. The new version will not connect to my Mac following all the instructions, for bluetooth or wifi.

In the end, the headaches synchronizing with the Mac will all be history in a few short weeks. Welcome iphone from Verizon.
    Last edited by RichieP; 01-14-2011 at 08:33 AM.

try spanning sync 3 im on free trial and i like it. it syncs both ways

Remove Ads

Ads