Corporate Email

This is a discussion on Corporate Email within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; When I used my blackberry, my corporate IT department would not grant us access to corporate email on our personal blackberry, and would not buy ...

Thread: Corporate Email

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Corporate Email

When I used my blackberry, my corporate IT department would not grant us access to corporate email on our personal blackberry, and would not buy us corporate blackberry unless we were personnel managers. However, you were given a program called Redirector that would redirect the corporate email to our blackberry as long as our office computer was on. Is there anything like that to get corporate email on our droids? And no, they have blanked our the forwarding option on Outlook so thats not possible.
    Please support your local on Meals on Wheels

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Informant
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    As you can see – this is my first post so consider my experience when you consider my reply. If nothing else can you set up Outlook to sync to Google mail, calendar, etc...Then sync your phone to that? Assuming a Microsoft Exchange server do you have access to Outlook Web Access? Not sure about the factory email app but I think Touchdown will access your mail via OWA.

Randy

Edit - the Google thing probably won't work well for email because if you reply to a message it's going to show the return address as your Google address rather than your real one.
    Last edited by randyp1234; 10-29-2010 at 11:32 AM.

X Informant Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    will they give you your server address and your user name???

X Informant
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    I would guess that the issue with getting access to corporate email on the Blackberry was related to the cost of licensing for the Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES). This is a separate software that runs on the main corporate server alongside or in conjunction with the Exchange Server software to provide sync for email, contacts, etc., to the Blackberry device. BES licensing is pretty expensive for a limited number of users, so they probably keep it to a minimum. Android is compatible with Exchange Server and only requires entering the proper server and login/account information on the device. Your IT manager may require a security certificate and if so will have to authorize the certificate on the device, but that shouldn't be prohibitive unless their internal policies don't allow it.

Here's a link to the procedure for setting up Corporate Exchange on the Droid: http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/...ange-Email.pdf
    For Beautiful Fine Art Photography Please Visit:

http://dougloganphotography.zenfolio.com

Remove Ads

Ads