Is there a way to change the icon for a folder?

This is a discussion on Is there a way to change the icon for a folder? within the Droid X General Discussion forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I've noticed I have a bunch of games taking up a whole screen in one of my Launcher Pro Plus homescreens. I figured Id make ...

Thread: Is there a way to change the icon for a folder?

X Informant
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Is there a way to change the icon for a folder?

I've noticed I have a bunch of games taking up a whole screen in one of my Launcher Pro Plus homescreens. I figured Id make a folder named Games and dump them all in there, but would like to change the folder icon from the manilla folder to something more "game" oriented.

Is this possible with the the stock android os or LPP? or is there an app someone could suggest for such a thing.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Informant Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Same issue here. I was told that the app "folder organizer" or "folder organizer lite" allows one to make custom folders. I grabbed the app but I have yet to figure out how to do it. Get the app, try it out, and if you figure it out please give me some tips. Hope that helps. Good luck.

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    885 times
    I have folderOrganizer - paid version - if you open it, select "labels" - these are custom folders. There are a few made but you can also make your own by pressing the hard menu key and selecting "new label". To edit an existing label - press the arrow key on the far right of the label line - this will allow you to edit the icon, add items, etc...

Once you have your label set up, exit FO and then long press on your home screen, select shortcut and then "folderorganizer folder link" and select the label you want.

You can also edit the icons of your apps for the home screen only (does not change them in the app tray). Similar process - open FO, select apps, find the app you want to change the icon for, click on arrow at right, select icon, locate icon and replace. Once done, close out FO and then again, long press on home screen, select Folder Organizer Item, apps, and select the app you want.
    Failure isn't falling down, failure is staying down.

X Informant Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smalltowngirl13 View Post
    I have folderOrganizer - paid version - if you open it, select "labels" - these are custom folders. There are a few made but you can also make your own by pressing the hard menu key and selecting "new label". To edit an existing label - press the arrow key on the far right of the label line - this will allow you to edit the icon, add items, etc...

Once you have your label set up, exit FO and then long press on your home screen, select shortcut and then "folderorganizer folder link" and select the label you want.

You can also edit the icons of your apps for the home screen only (does not change them in the app tray). Similar process - open FO, select apps, find the app you want to change the icon for, click on arrow at right, select icon, locate icon and replace. Once done, close out FO and then again, long press on home screen, select Folder Organizer Item, apps, and select the app you want.
    I also use Folder Organizer to do this and this is a great step by step explanation of how to set it up. It's pretty easy once you do it a few times and you can also create little windows on some of your sidescreens. I have shortcuts with custom icons for Root Apps, Contacts, Music, Tools and Games as you can see in this image, just above my dock. When you click on any of these icons, it opens a window with all of the apps that you've placed in it.

X Informant
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Thank You or all the replies! was quite helpful and exactly what I was looking for. Nice to have the 22 games I have under one icon rather then taking up a homescreen or two

Remove Ads

Ads