Listening Music through surround sound

This is a discussion on Listening Music through surround sound within the Droid X FAQs forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I am usually really good when it comes to this stuff but i am kinda stuck. How would i be able to listen to my ...

Thread: Listening Music through surround sound

X Informant
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Listening Music through surround sound

I am usually really good when it comes to this stuff but i am kinda stuck. How would i be able to listen to my music on my Droid X through my surround sound reciever when i am home?. I thought i would be able to use the HDMI cable but it seems like i cannot just play audio through it, it must be Video/audio to work.

on my previous phone, which was also a android platform, all i had to do was plug a cable that was a/v cables on one end and 3/8 jack on other, plug the 3/8 jack into headphone port on phone and plug the other end into my reciever and it worked. on the droid x it doesnt.

does anyone know of a way or apps to use(i have real hdmi app, personally a waste of money imho) to be able to do this? thank you very much

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Lurker Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    First, to answer your question: You can use that same headphone to phono converter you used to use (the headphone jack to the red/white RCA cables). This would probably be your best bet to get this to work. Make sure that your volume is at around 50% after you plug the headphone jack in and ensure that you are on the correct input on your receiver.

As for the HDMI, without some hacking (and not very useful/successful hacking), the only way to output from the port on your DX is to use the Gallery app on your phone, which is capable of playing some limited video and photo formats.

X Operative
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    <p>
    Quote Originally Posted by enyalius View Post
    First, to answer your question: You can use that same headphone to phono converter you used to use (the headphone jack to the red/white RCA cables). This would probably be your best bet to get this to work. Make sure that your volume is at around 50% after you plug the headphone jack in and ensure that you are on the correct input on your receiver.</p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p>As for the HDMI, without some hacking (and not very useful/successful hacking), the only way to output from the port on your DX is to use the Gallery app on your phone, which is capable of playing some limited video and photo formats.
    The cable that enyalius is reffering to is called a "Y adapter cable". It's a left and a right audio RCA input that converges into a single 3.5mm jack that will fit the X. The receiver you are playing the music through has to have a source input compatible with analog RCA's.
    Depending on the receiver, the music will not be in true surround sound. Probably Dolbly Pro Logic or something equivalent that attempts to recreate surround sound with an analog source.
    Droid X Rooted (OTA 2.2.1) Liberty ONE Point O Overclocked at 1.2Ghz LV

I have the evo with the new hdmi dock and it plays just audio thru hdmi inputs thru my av receiver.. the only thing is that for some reason my receiver doesn't recognize it unless it sits on the dock for about ten minutes.. I don't understand it ... its like it has a mind of its own... but once the receiver recognized the phone I play all my music thru the receiver.. if anyone knows why it does this and if there is a faster way for this connection I too would love to know......

X Lurker Achievements:
    31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    well this used to be a little bit more popular... kinda died out in recent months...

http://www.all4cellular.com/motorola...ter-dc800.html

grab ya a bluetooth stereo adapter, allows you to stream music via your droid without compromising sound quality via degradation through some patch cable carrying analog signals.

dont amazon it, its like 110 bucks when you grab a dc800 there... but on cell pages its much cheaper. works like a charm.
    Last edited by oceanxblake; 04-29-2011 at 09:22 PM.

X Lurker Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    or if you have DLNA compatible components then set DLNA up...

X Lurker Achievements:
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    the problem is that the dx was really designed to stream via DLNA, unfortunately the geniuses at motorola overshot the potential popularity of DLNA systems/devices as a whole.... as such youre stuck with a crappy 3.5mm jack that like enyalius said... youd need to go ahead and adjust the signal out ahead of time to reduce distortion.

i run bluetooth via everything but i have the luxury of having BT enabled toys... however i will say that my poweramp w/ toned down preamp and tuned eq settings w/ a 3.5 cable is a huge hit @ people's houses... sounds pretty damned good. so unless youre willing the shell the cash out just stick with the aux line

X Operative
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    3.5 mm (male to male) cable to work

*Sent from The Thrill's X*

Remove Ads

Ads