Droid

This is a discussion on Droid within the Droid X FAQs forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; I recently went from the droid x to the droid razr. I would like to take my old phone and use it as an music ...

Thread: Droid

Droid

I recently went from the droid x to the droid razr. I would like to take my old phone and use it as an music player for my house. How do I get rid of all apps and such. I just want music player and browser capabilities on it. everything else i want gone. Thank you

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 285
    Overall activity: 46.9%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Factory data reset will wipe the phone clean. Then add only what you want.
    BOOT MANAGER......5 roms 5 times the fun!

Themer
    Theme Developer
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 201
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    You can't really "get rid" of everything. Even when you are rooted eliminating certain apps will cause the phone to wig out. If it were my phone I would probably root it, install a rom that's pretty bloat free and just keep my launcher clean. However, there really isn't any reason to not leave it stock and just keep your launcher clean. Remove all the apps/widgets from the home screen and put you music widget and browser icon on there and you should be fine.
    Check out my themes:

Simple Sideways - MIUI lockscreen - Simple Sideways Dark - Touch of Green - Vortex RC1 - Christmas theme (in case you miss it) - Vortex RC1

Remove Ads

Ads