Crazy night of SBFing

This is a discussion on Crazy night of SBFing within the Droid X FAQs forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; Had a night to remember, I was on Liberty 3 and wanted to SBF to do a clean install of Apex, SBF went flawless, Root ...

Thread: Crazy night of SBFing

Agent X
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 148
    Overall activity: 78.9%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times

Crazy night of SBFing

Had a night to remember, I was on Liberty 3 and wanted to SBF to do a clean install of Apex, SBF went flawless, Root went flawless but when using Droid2 bootstrap to install every single time I got a installation abort, "bad". I tried about 10 times and with different roms and same result the zipp file could not be installed but what is weird is that wugs tether patch would install just not any rom. This has never happened to me on Gingerbread. I finally gave up last night and SBF to froyo this morning, rooted, installed droidx bootstrap, installed .15 radio and successfuly installed darkslide on first try. I have no idea why I couldn't install a rom on GB. Any ideas what could have been the issue? Also does anyone know if the TBH 3g hotspot hack is similar to Wugs Tether patch where I can use any wireless tether app of my choice just not the 3g Verizon one? Does this patch also remove data tracking? Thanks in advanced for the help.....

Sent from my DROIDX

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Theme Developer
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 595
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    446 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXFanatic View Post
    Had a night to remember, I was on Liberty 3 and wanted to SBF to do a clean install of Apex, SBF went flawless, Root went flawless but when using Droid2 bootstrap to install every single time I got a installation abort, "bad". I tried about 10 times and with different roms and same result the zipp file could not be installed but what is weird is that wugs tether patch would install just not any rom. This has never happened to me on Gingerbread. I finally gave up last night and SBF to froyo this morning, rooted, installed droidx bootstrap, installed .15 radio and successfuly installed darkslide on first try. I have no idea why I couldn't install a rom on GB. Any ideas what could have been the issue? Also does anyone know if the TBH 3g hotspot hack is similar to Wugs Tether patch where I can use any wireless tether app of my choice just not the 3g Verizon one? Does this patch also remove data tracking? Thanks in advanced for the help.....

Sent from my DROIDX
    I'm not sure as to why all your zips where bad.. that's very odd.

But yes the TBH tether hack is basically the same thing the only difference is that it doesn't install the app. I think that's what I remember

FreeMyMoto!!!
    FreeMyMoto!!!
    If you need help PM me!!!
    Hey, Read these.--------------> "GUIDELINES OFCONDUCT"

Agent X
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 148
    Overall activity: 78.9%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BHuber09 View Post
    I'm not sure as to why all your zips where bad.. that's very odd.

But yes the TBH tether hack is basically the same thing the only difference is that it doesn't install the app. I think that's what I remember

FreeMyMoto!!!
    Yeah it's very strange because I have installed those same exact zips in the past without a problem unless somehow they got corrupted during transfering but I doubt it. I kinda don't wanna go through all that again at least not anytime soon so ill ride my luck on Froyo for a bit haha thanks man!

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member
    Theme Developer
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 595
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    446 times
    Yeah they. l couldn't have been corrupted haha I mean half your zips work and the other half does? Yeah that one is over my head.

FreeMyMoto!!!
    FreeMyMoto!!!
    If you need help PM me!!!
    Hey, Read these.--------------> "GUIDELINES OFCONDUCT"

Remove Ads

Ads