DROID X - Phone Status & Notifications

This is a discussion on DROID X - Phone Status & Notifications within the Droid X FAQs forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; What do the icons on my phone mean? At the top of the screen, icons on the left notify you about new messages or events ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: DROID X - Phone Status & Notifications

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassCreated Album pictures
    Member #
    Liked
    80 times

DROID X - Phone Status & Notifications

What do the icons on my phone mean?

At the top of the screen, icons on the left notify you about new messages or events (flick the bar down for details). Icons on the right tell you about phone status.
    Notification icons report the arrival of new messages, calendar events, alarms, as well as ongoing events, such as when call forwarding is on or the current call status. When you receive a notification, its icon and a brief summary appear in the status bar, and then is replaced just by its icon.
    You can open the Notifications panel to view a list of all your notifications. Applications whose activities produce notifications, such as Gmail and Google Talk, have their own settings you can use to configure whether and how they send notifications.
    Below is a list of notifications and status icons:

Uploading data SD card is full Download complete Voicemail Message Connected to VPN Disconnected from VPN New Email Message
    Volume Problem with message delivery
    Problem with sign in or sync Upcoming Event
    Phone Connected via USB cable Tip: To see today’s date, tap and hold the status indicators.

Source
    JLMitch likes this.
    Where Ever You Go, There You Are

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

How to address the icons

I just got a Droid X through work and read the previous post regarding what the icons on the top left mean. Presently I have two triangles with exclamation points in them and an envelope with and "X", as well as a download complete icon. My question is, how do I address the icons? I have no idea what email wasn't sent or from which email address. I assume the triangles were due to pictures I attempted to send to FB. Will they automatically resend or do I need to resend again? Can I make the icons go away or are they forever stuck up there? I tried to click on them but that did nothing.
    Appreciate the help.
    - Shawn

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 0.9%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    884 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnB137 View Post
    I just got a Droid X through work and read the previous post regarding what the icons on the top left mean. Presently I have two triangles with exclamation points in them and an envelope with and "X", as well as a download complete icon. My question is, how do I address the icons? I have no idea what email wasn't sent or from which email address. I assume the triangles were due to pictures I attempted to send to FB. Will they automatically resend or do I need to resend again? Can I make the icons go away or are they forever stuck up there? I tried to click on them but that did nothing.
    Appreciate the help.
    - Shawn
    You should be able to pull down your notification bar (press and drag down) - now you should be able to locate the notification icons (if they are on the left side of the notification they will be towards the bottom of the screen while the right side of the notification bar is in the top of the list)...click on them here and you should be able to resolve the issues. Also, from time to time, you might get notifications that don't need to be addressed - there is a clear button top, right (just below the notification bar) that will clear the notifications at the bottom of the list...

Good luck and welcome to the forums!!
    JLMitch likes this.

Failure isn't falling down, failure is staying down.

Guidelines of Conduct for DroidXForums.com

Quote Originally Posted by smalltowngirl13 View Post
    You should be able to pull down your notification bar (press and drag down) - now you should be able to locate the notification icons (if they are on the left side of the notification they will be towards the bottom of the screen while the right side of the notification bar is in the top of the list)...click on them here and you should be able to resolve the issues. Also, from time to time, you might get notifications that don't need to be addressed - there is a clear button top, right (just below the notification bar) that will clear the notifications at the bottom of the list...

Good luck and welcome to the forums!!
    Thank you for the help. Looks like I am good to go.
    - Shawn

X Lurker
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

OS Upgrade

Just upgraded to 4.5.596.MB810... There is now a new symbol up at top: three squiggly lines that run vertically. They look like a spread out letter "M". What is it?

Thanks.
    Regards,
    p47koji

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 0.9%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Member #
    Liked
    884 times
    Quote Originally Posted by p47koji View Post
    Just upgraded to 4.5.596.MB810... There is now a new symbol up at top: three squiggly lines that run vertically. They look like a spread out letter "M". What is it?

Thanks.
    That is indicating that you have "vibrate" turned on for notification sound...

Failure isn't falling down, failure is staying down.

Guidelines of Conduct for DroidXForums.com

X Conveyor
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    That's to indicate that your phone is on vibrate

X Lurker
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered100 Experience Points31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    LOL! Thanks!
    Regards,
    p47koji

X Operative
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points100 Experience Points3 months registered31 days registered7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Wow! Walls and walls of text. Lol

*Sent from The Thrill's X*

ok so how come when i was sitting at the fire hall my phone just stopped working even though it said i have service. my 3g disapeared and the signal bar turned grey in stead of blue and now i cant get or make phone calls and i cant send or recieve texts. any ideas on how to fix it would be great. i have the origanal droid x

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads