DROID X - Custom ringtone for Text Messages

This is a discussion on DROID X - Custom ringtone for Text Messages within the Droid X FAQs forums, part of the Droid X Discussion category; How do I assign my music as a custom ringtone for text message notifications? You will need to have a microSD card inserted into the ...

Thread: DROID X - Custom ringtone for Text Messages

Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class250 Experience Points100 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassCreated Album pictures
    Member #
    Liked
    82 times

DROID X - Custom ringtone for Text Messages

How do I assign my music as a custom ringtone for text message notifications?

You will need to have a microSD card inserted into the DROIDx handset for this feature

SDcards from previous handsets need to be formatted by DROID X before use.
    New SDcard shipping with DROID X does not need to be formatted. It will have proper file structure as you power on the handset and begin to use it.

• There are several ways to access your handset's memory card. You can connect the handset to your computer via USB cable as an external drive as described after step 2, or you can remove your SDcard and use an SD card reader directly with your computer.
    • Attach your handset to your computer with the microUSB cable (The original DROID X Motorola charger cable used to plug into the wall charger can also be used as a USB data cable for your DROID X).
    • Go to Notifications tab (by touching the status bar at the top of the screen and dragging it down)
    • Touch the “USB connection” notification
    • Touch USB Mass Storage. Computer will recognize handset as an external drive.
    • Select and copy, or prepare to copy the DROID X compatible audio file you wish to use as a ringtone. (ie: MP3, AAC, WMA). The handset will start your ringtone from the beginning of your audio file, so you will need to edit the file on your computer beforehand if you wish to change the beginning (starting point) of the file.
    • Use your computer to find the DROID X's microSDcard. (If you computer needs drivers for your handset's USB connection, Click Here)
    • You should see an array of different folders on the SDcard root directory.
    • Follow this file path to paste the music file you wish to copy over as your message notification ringtone: MEDIA>audio>notifications
    • Paste file you want as a ringtone into notifications folder.
    • Carefully disconnect your USB cable or use computer to disconnect first from DROID X USB connection. (Using Safely Remove Hardware icon on PC)
    • Tap on Text Messaging application (or open applications tray and scroll down to select Text Messaging application)
    • When Text Messaging application starts, press the menu button and select Messaging Settings
    • In the section labeled "Text messaging settings", make sure the Notifications checkbox is checked green, and then press Select Ringtone to find the audio file you copied to the notification folder on the SDcard.
    • Select file. You have changed your Text Messaging Ringtone.

***Any files you've copied over to SDcard will not appear on the handset while handset is still connected to the computer. Disconnect from computer before selecting your ringtone.

Source
    Where Ever You Go, There You Are

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

Remove Ads

Ads