Is there any way to change the font size on DROID X?
The font size can be changed for the internet browser and your email accounts.
There is also a "Zoom Mode" magnifier feature for anything on the screen.
1. To change the font size in the Browser:
- Launch the internet Browser
- Touch the Menu key
- Touch More
- Scroll down and touch Settings
- Touch Text Size
- Select your desired option:
- Normal (Default)
- Either close and re-open browser to activate feature or click on next link to see text size change. Google homepage may not reflect text size change.
2. To change font size for your email:
- Pull up your email account with the Email application from homescreen or applications tray.
- Default email account will be displayed. Press the Menu hard key, select Email settings.
- At email settings menu, select Read options.
- Tap on Select text size.
- Selections are:
- 12 - Smallest
- 14 - Small
- 16 - Normal
- 18 - Big
- 20 - Biggest
- Tap on size to set.
- Text size of email inbox will not be changed.
- Open any email to see text size change.
- Font change will occur for all accounts set-up under email application.
- Font size for email in Gmail application cannot be changed.
3. Zoom Mode
There is a screen magnification feature call Zoom Mode on your DROID X that will magnify anything on the screen.
- From any homescreen, press the Menu hard key
- Select Settings
- Scroll down and Select Accessibility
- Check Accessibility on.
- Select Zoom Mode.
- You will receive a warning screen. Select OK
- Magnifying box will open on screen. Touch corner of magnifying box to drag it around the visible screen to magnify all areas.
- Press the "+" button to Zoom in and magnify,
- Press the "-" button to Zoom out and make text smaller.
- Text will not go smaller than normal font size.
- You can touch inside magnifying box, scroll around, and select applications and objects as if it were your normal display touchscreen.
- Magnifying box will be overlayed onto everything you do on the display screen.
- To close magnfiying box, go back to Accessibility settings and uncheck Zoom Mode.