WHAT IS AUTOSYNC?
A setting which enables your phone to automatically fetch data in the background as you perform other tasks. This enables you to get email notifications instantly, sync contact & calender changes instantly, and any sync data with any other apps you have which fetch data from a server.
HOW TO TURN AUTOSYNC ON/OFF
Option #1: Manually Change Setting
For Custom ROMs:
Contacts > Menu Button > Accounts > Check/Uncheck AutosyncFor Stock ROM:
Menu button > settings > accounts and sync > Uncheck AutosyncOption #2: Toggle Stock Power WidgetLong press homescreen > Widgets > Power Control > Toggle the 4th buttonOption #3: Toggle Custom WidgetGet Power Control Plus (widget) and make your own custom widget with an autosync toggle. The nice thing about Power Control Plus is gives you the option to integrate your custom widget into the pull-down notification menu for quick access.WHEN SHOULD YOU TURN AUTOSYNC OFF?
- When you are tethering.
- When you are having problems downloading.
- When you are having a slow connection or difficulty browsing the web.
- Whenever you are downloading a big file like a ROM.
WHEN SHOULD YOU TURN AUTOSYNC ON?
- When you are expecting emails.
- When you want your calenders to sync
- When you want your contacts to sync
- When you want your news apps to sync
- When you want Facebook to sync
- When you want ANYTHING to sync