Best App for Audio books?

This is a discussion on Best App for Audio books? within the Droid X Audio / Video forums, part of the Droid X Extras category; I'm still using MortPlayer six weeks later. I've listened to several books on it. I really have no complaints with the player. I also use ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Best App for Audio books?

X Lurker Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm still using MortPlayer six weeks later. I've listened to several books on it. I really have no complaints with the player. I also use the Audible player. I like it a little better, especially having the 30sec rewind button. But, MortPlayer is more than acceptable. My one complaint with the entire audio system is the built in music player. If I use any kind of headphones with a start/stop button, pressing the button will start the built in player maybe one time in two or three. That goes for MortPlayer and Audible. But, the worst is PowerAmp. It seems like if I even look at PowerAmp the built in player will start. I finally uninstalled PowerAmp. Sometimes the built in player starts even when inserting the headphones. I cannot find any controls that stop the @%$^&* built in player.

2. Droid X Forums
    Ads

I've also been looking for a good folder based audiobook app. I'm trying MortPlayer right now and it's got a lot of great features. However, I'm having one very big problem. When listening to a book and the screen turns off (to save battery) the player will finish the track it's on and then pause. As soon as I reactivate the screen, the player automatically resumes playing. But this is very annoying.

I cannot find the preference I need to change to make this work properly. I have already selected "stop after folder" instead of "stop after track". Can anyone help me?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads